PRS SE Custom 24 7 String

• Thread starter themike
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Favorite PRS SE CU 7 Color?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BrailleDecibel

Member Of The 27" Club
Reaction score
Looks like one of the guitarists of Pro-Pain is rocking one too! Oddly enough, their other guitarist is rocking an Ibanez ARZ307, which I also own...cool to see two of "my" guitars onstage! :lol:

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
Looks like one of the guitarists of Pro-Pain is rocking one too! Oddly enough, their other guitarist is rocking an Ibanez ARZ307, which I also own...cool to see two of "my" guitars onstage! :lol:

nice!
For me, the reason I have an SE-7 is because its the most comfortable 7-string I've played (largely due to scale length I don't need to stretch my fingers as much to chord near the nut).
Of course its greatest strength is also its greatest weakness (lack of tension, especially for downtuning).

gujukal

Reaction score
nice!
For me, the reason I have an SE-7 is because its the most comfortable 7-string I've played (largely due to scale length I don't need to stretch my fingers as much to chord near the nut).
Of course its greatest strength is also its greatest weakness (lack of tension, especially for downtuning).

I dont know about that, I think it handles down tuning pretty good. Haven't tried below G# though.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
I dont know about that, I think it handles down tuning pretty good. Haven't tried below G# though.

My comment was more or less just saying that with the smaller scale length you need thicker strings to achieve a particularly desired tension, and, as such, you also have to deal with the side-effects of thicker strings. This for some is fine, for others, thicker strings are less favorable (either due to feel or tone).

EDIT: Ultimately, its all down to player preference.