Q about Classical 7 String Nut Width

• Thread starter brontology
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

brontology

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hello all, anyone here have a classical 7 and can measure the nut width for me? I'm looking at a thomann 7 string classical and it says the nut is 62mm which is 2.44", which seems a little bit wide.

--6 string classical are generally 2"-ish wide, i guesstimated about 2.35" wide for a 7 string? (I'm unsure of the string spacing for the lower strings, that may be the difference.)--

I don't have any frame of reference for a classical and can't measure anything in person, help is appreciated. Thanks.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nickgray

Reaction score
This checks out. 51/5 = 10.2, 62/6 = 10.3. So it's basically the same spacing. Just in case, we divide by (number of strings - 1) because we want to count the spacings - there's one less than the number of strings.

thorgan

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Mine (not that brand though) is 60mm at the nut so 62 may be a little wide but there's much less of a "standard" for things as you get this far into a niche thing like nylon 7s

brontology

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Mine (not that brand though) is 60mm at the nut so 62 may be a little wide but there's much less of a "standard" for things as you get this far into a niche thing like nylon 7s
yeah i've been finding that out as I am looking. Thanks for checking!