Quality of Legator guitars?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Robslalaina

Reaction score
So, are these still hit or miss in 2023? Curious about the MIK and MIJ 8 string Ghosts. The MIJ is priced somewhere between a Boden Standard and a Metal, has SS frets but the X inlay is hideous. The MIK is about a thousand bucks cheaper but no SS frets, and has two truss rods I'm not sure I want to bother with 🤔

X784

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
So, are these still hit or miss in 2023? Curious about the MIK and MIJ 8 string Ghosts. The MIJ is priced somewhere between a Boden Standard and a Metal, has SS frets but the X inlay is hideous. The MIK is about a thousand bucks cheaper but no SS frets, and has two truss rods I'm not sure I want to bother with 🤔
I have a Ghost 7 string (whichever one was $750 brand new) and it’s perfectly fine. I got it a year or 2 ago. I don’t know if they’re still hit or miss. Personally I wouldn’t get one that’s over 1k unless I was completely sure there’d be no issues. You could go Agile for a multiscale headless 8 and you choice be good. Probably will pay less too

riverrat13

Reaction score
If not too much trouble could someone please measure the nut and bridge spacing on the 8 string?

I'm considering one due to the neck setup advantage with dual truss rods.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
I ordered a Ghost 7 string. I didn't go for the crazy one with the palemoon ebony fingerboard and all that fancy shit because it wasn't worth the $1200 upcharge. I just wanted a couch guitar that won't be the price of a strandberg. Will report back next week when it arrives.

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
Did Legator cool off their aggressive online marketing? Yeah. Did they clean their act up? I don't have any 1st hand experience so I couldn't say.

Warmart

Reaction score
The 2023 Ghost G6FX MIK I picked up 2 weeks ago is perfect.

Also wanted to be sure I was restringing the right way, so I called the support line today, ten minutes prior to opening, on a Monday. They picked up on the 1st ring and the dude was awesome, very helpful.

nightsprinter

Contributor
Reaction score
I was stuck between iris fade, smoke, and cali cobalt and went with the predictable and popular iris fade.

nightsprinter

Contributor
Reaction score
I keep Legators on my reverb feed for some silly reason and will likely end up with a Cali Cobalt something one day lol.

See that 8er up there now the guy has listed for $825 or $850?

I have it on good authority he would accept $750 for that. Not the nicest top or anything, but seems like a good value. I almost bought it.

phillybhatesme

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
See that 8er up there now the guy has listed for $825 or $850?

I have it on good authority he would accept $750 for that. Not the nicest top or anything, but seems like a good value. I almost bought it.

Lol, I just bought two 8 strings and idk how to play either of them. I don't need another 😂

nightsprinter

Contributor
Reaction score
So before I even get into the general quality of the GF7P I received, someone seemed to get a little animated during assembly and put two huge cuts/dings in the back of this (presumably while installing the bridge?). I don't actually care about it much as it can't be seen from the front, but I've emailed Legator to ask whether this falls into their QC tolerance or if I'd be eligible for a B stock discount. Gotta shoot your shot, ya know?

p.s. i can already tell the frets might need a little spot leveling and there's what I'd say a small to mid amount of fret sprout going on. (Not a big deal).

20240628_114421.jpg
20240628_114435.jpg
20240628_114455.jpg

Last edited: