Quitting Smoking methods

• Thread starter Shawn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Leon said:
that could be a big one... starting a thread about methods you used, how it was, etc, around your quitting smoking :yesway:
Good idea, Leon. :yesway:

I quit 6 months ago cold turkey, it is the only way I can quit actually, that and Trident, good stuff.

I still get the urge when I drink but I noticed the less I drink, the better I am about not smoking. I can taste my beer better too.

As far as eating, I can taste my food better too, I used to eat alot when I first quit and gained a couple lbs at first but now im back down to my weight.

Quitting smoking is the hardest thing ever but it can be done, it's all in the mind.

6 months and counting, im done for good with smokes.

I went from this-
marlboro_lights.gif

to this. :D -
816231.jpg

Any quitters here who quit this way? What are some of your methods in quitting this nasty habit? What are your techniques?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
I quit cold turkey myself, and nothing but sheer will power got me through that first month. Patches, gum, and pills only prolong the anguish, so it is best to just do it and be done with it. Plus, it helped that there were no smokers in my new band. We'd go to a show, and Mike would give me hell if I tried to bum one.

The other thing to remember is if you cheat, so what, get over it, and resolve not to do it again. Most people start to bum, feel like they're licked, and just go back to buyng packs.

I've noticed that since I quit, I drink less. I just don't have as much of a taste/tolerance for it. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love beer, but now I have two or three and I'm usually done.

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I used the patch. Fucker works damn well. :metal: I still have a couple when I go out drinking, but that's the extent of it.

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
noodles said:
I've noticed that since I quit, I drink less. I just don't have as much of a taste/tolerance for it. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love beer, but now I have two or three and I'm usually done.

Thats because you're a nancy boy, girly fagnozzlio, not because of smoking. You pussy. :fawk:

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
Chris said:
Thats because you're a nancy boy, girly fagnozzlio, not because of smoking. You pussy. :fawk:

No more love for the Noodles...? :(

[action=Noodles]scampers off to get loaded in order to prove himself to Chris.[/action]

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
noodles said:
No more love for the Noodles...? :(

[action=Noodles]scampers off to get loaded in order to prove himself to Chris.[/action]

Actually I just wanted to use "fagnozzlio" in a sentence. It's pretty damn fun to say.

nitelightboy

I poop in shoes.
Contributor
Reaction score
I already do...the kind that has the black fluffy stuff on then for "comfort" :yesway:

What scares me is that I'll have a gun.