R-trem Bridge

• Thread starter Holo
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Holo

Reaction score
Hey, I wanted to consult with someone who really understands in this. I bought a pre-owned Steinberger Spirit GU-7R with an R-Trem. I disassembled the whole bridge and now I am having troubles getting it back in place properly.

I mean I see where the spring should be, and I see these two little poles that should hold the bridge in it's upper part. but I tried putting it back in place and just screw the main screw again and the bridge just didnt seem natural while doing it, so i stopped and unscrewed it.

If you can post any pictures or to explain how to put the bridge back, that would seriously help me. thank you very much in advance!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Justin Bailey

Reaction score
This is gonna make me come off like a dick but, before you do something, you really need to research the crap out of it, so things like this can be easily avoided.

sytraxiplague

Reaction score
Hey, I wanted to consult with someone who really understands in this. I bought a pre-owned Steinberger Spirit GU-7R with an R-Trem. I disassembled the whole bridge and now I am having troubles getting it back in place properly.

I mean I see where the spring should be, and I see these two little poles that should hold the bridge in it's upper part. but I tried putting it back in place and just screw the main screw again and the bridge just didnt seem natural while doing it, so i stopped and unscrewed it.

If you can post any pictures or to explain how to put the bridge back, that would seriously help me. thank you very much in advance!

So what is your actual question? You disassembled an R-Trem that WAS functioning and you can't put it back together properly? The big screw in the back won't turn?

The nature of the tremolo has some resistance when turning it, but it shouldn't be anything unnatural. It's not making any grinding sounds or anything, is it?

Edit: Hopefully you didn't take the strings off without locking it. That's really bad for the tremolo. I don't have much experience with the R-Trem, so I'm not sure if that can damage it, but that's likely.