Rack mount for video rig?

broj15

Reaction score
Not sure if it's appropriate to post here since it's not exactly related to music gear, but I thought maybe y'all might have some ideas.

So my band mate also does some "VJ" stuff (like a DJ but with video signal) and is looking to streamline his rig for transportation and set up purposes. He has 3 VCR's, a laptop, monitor, and a video mixer (for those unfamiliar just imagine what a modulation pedal can do to an audio signal and apply that to a video signal ie. Screen wipes, color balance & manipulation, mixing signals from 2 different inputs to multiple outputs, etc.), a few signal splitters, and he's working on building a patch bay.

He wants to have all of his VCR's and ideally the monitor in a rackmount set up, but obviously VCR's (except for pro units like you find at a TV station/production company/pro video editing studio) don't come in standard sizes like rackmount music gear, so I was wondering if anyone knew of any companies that make racks in custom sizes, or if anyone knew of any plans he could use to help build his own.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Latest posts