random humming sound with 6505+

AmidstTCPL

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I've been having a problem with my setup recently. I get this mid-pitch humming sound that keeps me from having a silence when we do our riffs/breakdown. its not like feedback..it's just there constantly. I went to a music store and had my 6505+ checked and the guy said that it was working correctly.. I'm basically playing a 6505+ through a Mesa cab 4x12.

Pedal setup: Amp input -> Tuner -> TS9 (level is at noon, tone and drive a quarter up) -> NS-2 (all the way for the tightest sound) -> Wireless.

Amp setup: Pre: 5
Low: 6
Mid: 4
High: 7
Resonance: 6-7
Presence: 6

So i was wondering if I needed a second noisegate to run through the FX/Loop channel to get the humming to stop? :( I just want it to stop doing that.. any ideas on what may be causing this? :/

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dustin B

Reaction score
The first thing I would do is plug the guitar straight into the amp and see if it still does it. If so, test/swap any cables in use. Do you have a power conditioner, or are pedals running from a different power circuit from the amp? If you've eliminated cable and electricity sources, try a new set of tubes.

dxjxrose

Reaction score
plug the amp into a power conditioner it shut my 5150s and 6505s right up...

xCaptainx

Dr Djodson
Reaction score
Have you tried different locations i.e. different rooms, or difference houses?

Isolating the issue would be the best point of call. One step at a time.

I used to get a bunch of noise from a handful of venues with my pedals, as I was using a 1-spot daisy chain.

My previous amp (Laney Ironheart) Would make a hell of a racket at a handful of halls we played at also.

You might find it could just be the wiring at your place.

maggotspawn

Reaction score
The first thing I would do is plug the guitar straight into the amp and see if it still does it. If so, test/swap any cables in use. Do you have a power conditioner, or are pedals running from a different power circuit from the amp? If you've eliminated cable and electricity sources, try a new set of tubes.
This, also how are you powering your pedals?