Random Pics of Your Sevens

• Thread starter Shawn
  • Start date
  • Tags
    sevenstrings
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ThePhilosopher

Reason User
Reaction score

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

scrgls

Reaction score
Last time I posted a pic was four years ago… all but one guitar has changed, but anyway here’s my current lineup of sevens, probably gonna sell the km7 since I just moved in to a new place and need to cut down… fantastic guitar, though.

Attachments

• IMG_6417.jpeg
    IMG_6417.jpeg
    547.1 KB · Views: 89

Xiphos804

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Last time I posted a pic was four years ago… all but one guitar has changed, but anyway here’s my current lineup of sevens, probably gonna sell the km7 since I just moved in to a new place and need to cut down… fantastic guitar, though.
How do you like the purple ESP? I've been eyeing for one for awhile.

scrgls

Reaction score
How do you like the purple ESP? I've been eyeing for one for awhile.
It’s amazing, it’s my go to for anything tuned lower than A, though I switched the stock bone nut out for a graphtech nut. Currently have a 11-74 set on it turned to drop f# for some spiritbox and rivers of nihil stuff and it handles perfectly

Reaction score
RG8527ZSM fresh from Fujigen.. I can't find much info online but it appears to be from a limited run. Absolute monster of a guitar and I haven't been able to put it down

DSF3258.jpg

GazPots

Is A Complete Idiot.
Reaction score
I love these guitars. Yours seems to be immaculate, is it new (as to you)? That pickup color combo looks nice there, mine have white pickups (both of them) and have suffered a bit under my hands, but they're still gorgeous... KJG mod or is it still original besides the pickups?

It's got a few marks but nothing major at all. Barely used. Kjg mod was on it from when I got it off Eric on here I believe. It's been so long I can't even remember what it did without Googling it.

Reaction score
It's got a few marks but nothing major at all. Barely used. Kjg mod was on it from when I got it off Eric on here I believe. It's been so long I can't even remember what it did without Googling it.
If you find that the mix between the mags and piezos sounds a bit off, that's because the piezos are in alternate phase from factory: black/white/black/white... wire piezos. You can see that when you dive bomb the trem and look underneath it... there's a solution for that, call LR Baggs and order some piezo elements to complement those you have in more quantity in that guitar (or replace all of them for new ones*), then replace the old ones with the new so to have all the piezos in the same color... then, rejoice with the new pallet of tones you can get out of the mags/piezos mix and the blend knob (the piezos' volume works as a blend in the mix mode)...

* important info: if you replace all the piezos, make sure to carefully file the 7th string's piezo channel. By default, the string doesn't sit well over it and will produce a weak and hollow sound (when with piezos only) when compared with the other strings. The piezo elements string channel/bed is too thin. Use a nut file and sculpt that channel a bit, enlarging it. I've had a few adventures with these guitars in the last 7 years and there are a few threads about them over here, which I can link you to them if you're interested. I've also modded an RG1527 (EdgePro trem) to having these piezos with great success... a cheaper way into getting these sounds for a fraction of the price these guitars are going for, and still get a great guitar. Let me know if you need any info on this.