Random Pics of Your Sevens

• Thread starter Shawn
  • Start date
  • Tags
    sevenstrings
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
FWIW in broadening your search the S5527QFX is completely identical except for hardware color, top, finish, and binding all being different. I've had more than a few of both, they're phenomenal instruments.
I've played one at a local music store a few years back, I should've bought it right then and there. :agreed:

kidmendel

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
FWIW in broadening your search the S5527QFX is completely identical except for hardware color, top, finish, and binding all being different. I've had more than a few of both, they're phenomenal instruments.
Yep, I've got Reverb alerts for both!

Reaction score
Yep, I've got Reverb alerts for both!
It's been quite a while since I've seen any of those in Reverb... I spent maybe 2+ years actively searching for the S5527 version with the LoPro. I got hold of a few but were in the other side of the globe or if within my "local" area, they were too expensive... until one landed on my laptop, almost literally... The S5527QFX would be great in the collection as well...

I suggest you to join Facebook (and other social media platforms) Ibanez S model groups, that's how I got mine.

bmtf

Reaction score
It's been quite a while since I've seen any of those in Reverb... I spent maybe 2+ years actively searching for the S5527 version with the LoPro. I got hold of a few but were in the other side of the globe or if within my "local" area, they were too expensive... until one landed on my laptop, almost literally... The S5527QFX would be great in the collection as well...
I saw one at guitar center, that's why i still go in there sometimes. They had a Hapas 7-string one time too

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
picked this up today it's a refin in Candy Apple Red (looks great in person) my first 7620 with a 3 piece neck. matching HS is a nice touch
All new hardware, with a brass block.
I don't know if I feel any difference with it as compared to the one piece neck. Getting a Blaze Custom/Blaze neck tomorrow, already dropped in the magic Arm.
this is the 8th 7629 I've owned LOL! going to try and hold on to this one for real this time.
IMG_5262.jpg

Reaction score
I saw one at guitar center, that's why i still go in there sometimes. They had a Hapas 7-string one time too
... Guitar Center is "on the other side of the globe" for me, lol... but if at the right price, I could eat the shipping and import tax... unlikely to happen finding one "at the right price"...

bmtf

Reaction score
... Guitar Center is "on the other side of the globe" for me, lol... but if at the right price, I could eat the shipping and import tax... unlikely to happen finding one "at the right price"...
i forget the "mcdonalds" of guitar stores isnt everywhere . with the shipping i have eaten, i could have gotten something nice there... not!!

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
That's got a wenge neck, right? How do you like it?
Yes, its a Wenge/Paduak 5-Ply neck. It's ridiculously smooth and feels really nice.

The neck shape is different than a lot of other Schecter's I've played, its more 'modern Ibanez wizard prestige' in shape. Flat, thin, and has some 'shoulder' to it.

Reaction score
My only 2 7's at the moment (probably not looking for anything else these 2 play great) Rg752-CMB and my 2001 Rg7620
View attachment 144048
These look like the same guitar with different finishes. Besides the pickups which I believe are different, what other huge differences did you find between these 2 guitars?

The 12th and 24th fret dots are further apart in the 752...

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
These look like the same guitar with different finishes. Besides the pickups which I believe are different, what other huge differences did you find between these 2 guitars?

The 12th and 24th fret dots are further apart in the 752...
the necks on the 752's are wider than the 720 necks, when left in their natural state quite a bit chunkier as well, 7620 headstocks stock are black., otherwise , same body wood, same hardware, different pickups ,that's about it.
these 2 feel very different to play from each other but both are very comfortable. I've had a few 7620's where the high E string is falling off of the edge of the fret board, this one is nice and centered,
no playability issues.(which is the main reason I have flipped so many over the years) Pegasus/Liquifire in the blue, Blaze Custom/Blaze neck going into the 7620. I've had the Blaze Custom sitting new in the box in a drawer for 3 years , I figure , lets give it a try.

Last edited:
Reaction score
the necks on the 752's are wider than the 720 necks, when left in their natural state quite a bit chunkier as well, 7620 headstocks stock are black., otherwise , same body wood, same hardware, different pickups ,that's about it.
these 2 feel very different to play from each other but both are very comfortable. I've had a few 7620's where the high E string is falling off of the edge of the fret board, this one is nice and centered,
no playability issues.(which is the main reason I have flipped so many over the years) Pegasus/Liquifire in the blue, Blaze Custom/Blaze neck going into the 7620. I've had the Blaze Custom sitting new in the box in a drawer for 3 years , I figure , lets give it a try.
The Blaze Custom was my favorite bridge pickup for a lot of time... but then I got tired of ceramic magnet loaded pickups some how...

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
I
The Blaze Custom was my favorite bridge pickup for a lot of time... but then I got tired of ceramic magnet loaded pickups some how...
typically do not like ceramic pickups , but since I had this on hand I figured I'd give it a try. Everything sound good through the Mark IV , hell even the stock pickups in there now sound pretty bad ass.

Reaction score
I

typically do not like ceramic pickups , but since I had this on hand I figured I'd give it a try. Everything sound good through the Mark IV , hell even the stock pickups in there now sound pretty bad ass.
... A good rig makes bad quality guitars sound good... obviously a guitar isn't just its sound...

bmtf

Reaction score
"I like trems cause they look like castles"
1000003300.png

Took this to band practice+ survived! Rewired it myself but the jacks aren't connected to each other. So using two different amps isn't possible right now. Ok the good news is I fit two batteries in there and more without removing any wood. The pot closest to the jacks is scratchy but theres a battery and terminal block basically touching it. Good thing im practicing with a noise band.

It sounds savage, I just have to remember which switch positions don't do anything. I can still switch between piezo/emg on the "main" jack (it sounds blended/and the mags have individual volumes and no tone), and in the future this will get KJG modded probably with the help of LR Baggs customer support haha!

1000003302.png

While the RG2127X stayed in tune well / turned some heads, I was happy to get home to the minimal M->to->the->BOL. Just look at that simplified control layout! Side note: TIL that if I take a picture of two guitars, then screenshot each of them, the "zoom out" and screenshot each of them again - the resulting pics will upload to this forum instead of my clout card getting declined again lol.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I gave steaming a try, with a wet rag and soldering iron... it worked great and I spent a whole day ironing out dings in guitars.

Last edited: