Rate what the above user is listening to!

• Thread starter Pfalz
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Pfalz

Reaction score
I couldn't find a thread like this on here, so let's get started. Basically what happens is you post a video of something you're listening to right now and the next person rates/comments on it then posts what they're listening to.

I'll start:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jonajon91

New Picture
Reaction score
Ill play your game.
I have always had a thing where I listened to one band for about 80% of the time and then the obsession just stops. lordi -> linkin park -> slipknot -> korn -> gojira -> nociceptor and then I found more music that I didnt have time to obsess over because of more new music. I was literally (probably not) the biggest gojira fan and I was so hyped for the new album (staying up all night to hear them play a new song on the radio). And then about 10 days before the album release I lost interest and I have not listened to them since. I heard that this was the weakest album yet, coming from a band that could have been pushing new things, it was just too ... safe.
So here I go, new gojira ... ill be back in six minutes ... Actually, I recognise this so I must have heard it at some point. I remember it really pissing me off because in the first riff they had used all of the key characteristics of what people like about gojira, palm muted riff followed by a rake on the fourth fret harmonic, this riff was followed by tremello picking the same note. It's like they were going lets please the gojira fanboy as fast as we can, but I saw through it. This said, the change around the 2.20 mark was spectacular. This part probably made the song for me after the weaker intro section. and what happened at 4:10, all of the crushingness of a breakdown without cheating and having a breakdown. Kind of stopped abruptly. Just realised that i'm rambling a little now, to I will include a tl;dr.

tl;dr - It has been far too long since I listened to gojra. 6/10.

My turn!
Native Construct - Chromatic Aberration (HQ) - YouTube
this song is my everything :D

---edit--- URL fail

abandonist

Banned
Reaction score
I'll be honest. That's just really really not my thing. I'm not even qualified to make a rating.

xx/10

Mine:

Dirty music made by dirty dudes - like all the real shit.

fassaction

Reaction score
I cant even rate this....From the moment I pushed play I just cringed. I really really really just dont get that style of metal. I get that it does require some sort of talent, but to someone like me its just awful screeching and blast beats.

Personally I could only rate it at like a 2 out of 10. No offense, but to each his own. Definitely not my cup of tea.

I prefer a little more melody, more spacey progy type stuff.....and the older I get, the less I like harsh vocals and gravitate more towards bands that use mostly clean vocals. These guys are the exception. There is something about this band that I just love. Their songs are long, drawn out, and just bad ass...to me at least. IIRC, Rosetta's claim to fame is "metal for astronauts". I can believe that statement, as I can just space out listening to them.

[/QUOTE]

MrPepperoniNipples

Reaction score
[/QUOTE]

I like this thread, hopefully it doesn't turn into 2/10 after 3/10 after 2/10.

I enjoyed the song, mostly because of the drumming!
Was a little hard to get into at first, but once I came to understand what was actually going on it became quite nice!
Didn't enjoy the vocals at some points, though.
I totally loved the 'drop' into the more standard groove at 3:10.
8/10!

and here you clowns go

Reaction score
Edit[ah got me...only when i use ^'s]

I like greg howe though not something i could listen to all day... Solid 9 for rythm, feel, groove.
Took me two days to listen to the entire thing, for an honest rating i challenge you to not skip around..but if you must...

The_Mop

Want to make $60?
Reaction score
I don't like post-metal at the best of times. I hate it when it's taken to ridiculous lengths like this, I can't see any value in it. Sorry man, I can't rate this anything other than a complete 0.

I've been listening to this, a local band.

The_Mop

Want to make $60?
Reaction score
Ehh, whatever. Part of what annoys me about that whole sub genre is the pickyness of labelling the sub-sub-genres. All it's going to lead to is subdividing into sub-sub-sub genres, and more internet whining as a result.

As much as I hate the response 'It all just sounds like noise to me', as used by the uninitiated when referring to ANY metal, I think that's kidna what they're going for for most post-metal/stoner/doom/however-the-hell-you-wanna-classify-it, and it doesn't appeal to me. I certainly wouldn't call it genius.

Curt

Where we're going we don't need neck pickups.
Reaction score
Well, i'm posting from my shitbox360, so I can't link... But...

Attila -Jumanji

Just joot00b it, mayne.

skisgaar

Master-debatur
Reaction score
^ Not bad. Pretty chill, some interesting bits in it, natural progression. 5/10

Here's mine:

IamSatai

Reaction score
^ Whoa, nice and epic. I quite enjoyed that. I'm going to go with a 8/10, even though I am not quite sure how to quantify my enjoyment of a song on such a scale.

Now, here is a band I never thought I would get into; Radiohead. When I gave there later albums a chance, I found that I absolutely love them. It's something about the production and the atmosphere they create.

skeels

..to pay the beels
Reaction score
Ok. I like this thread. Great idea.

Above post-not for listening over morning coffee. Sorry.
Movie credit stuff. Thematic anthem. Ambient video game music.
Kinda heard it a million times. Good for what it is.

And now for something completely different. ..

EDIT: Ooops. Ninja'd. Was for above above post.
Dang I'm slow before coffee. ...

Nykur_Myrkvi

Reaction score
I think I like this... Reminds me of a blend of Look what I did and Nick Cave

I'll give it the benefit of the doubt. 8/10

Edit: Damn, Ninja'd with Fear.

Monuments, I like it. 8/10 is still my score.

scherzo1928

has wood for you
Reaction score
^ While the Savage Garden vocals are not for me, there was some good shit going on in that song, I then got to the solo and shit got real!. Hard to rate a song with a number, I'll give it a 3 on a scale from -10 to 10, how about that?

This be the stuff I'm currently listening to.