Reaper update issues

• Thread starter ShredmasterD
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ShredmasterD

Calls it like it is.
Reaction score
So I went to update Reaper as I am preparing to record a project after being idle for about a year. After making sure it was compatible with my OS (Monterey 12.4) and downloading the update and in stalling, I get the following pop up:

I have messaged Reaper through the website and waited for a reply. Nothing. anyone have any suggestions? Thanks for any help.
repaer:apple.png

melomanic

Reaction score
This is a pretty common mac issue with unofficial software, you can get around it by going to Applications folder in Finder, control+click (or right click) the Reaper icon, select the "Open" option from the menu, you will see the error message, so click "OK", then control+click (or right click) the Reaper icon again, select the "Open" option again, and this time the error message will have an "Open" button, so click that and it should launch just fine.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ShredmasterD

Calls it like it is.
Reaction score
This is a pretty common mac issue with unofficial software, you can get around it by going to Applications folder in Finder, control+click (or right click) the Reaper icon, select the "Open" option from the menu, you will see the error message, so click "OK", then control+click (or right click) the Reaper icon again, select the "Open" option again, and this time the error message will have an "Open" button, so click that and it should launch just fine.i remeber having to do this sometime in the distant past with anothge
its been a while since i had to do this for a program. forgot how to do it. that did it. thanks !