Recommend me a Dimebag Dean

All_¥our_Bass

Deathly Chuuni
Reaction score
I'm serious here, I'm not joking or trying to tr0ll.

I'd really like to own one since it would make for an inexpensive, hilarious, beater/experiment guitar.

I prefer fixed bridge with a neck and bridge pup, at least one tone control and at least one volume control.

Which ones do you guys think sound the best out of them? (In YOUR opinion)
I'm not expecting any miracles since it's supposed to be sort of crappy, but I don't wanna despise the tone either.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ridner

Bastard of Thousands
Reaction score
a fixed bridge Dime Dean? your options are quite limited there man. unless by "Dime" you mean an ML. but if you literally mean a "Dime" sig model - there are only low end ones without a Floyd.

AdAstra2025

ss.org Regulator
Reaction score
Haha this is greatness! If you want a beater Dime Dean, take your pick. They're all hilarious! But in all seriousness, try the Razorback DB. It's inexpensive, has a stoptail, 2 pickups and a tone control...Hell, you could always have a custom paint job done to make it unique...wait, its still a Razorback...nevermind.

jymellis

Talk To DeWalt
Reaction score
my buddy has a washburn slime time that actually plays damn noice \m/

All_¥our_Bass

Deathly Chuuni
Reaction score
my buddy has a washburn slime time that actually plays damn noice \m/
I've tried some washburns that were quite nice, and my bass is a washburn.

Thanks but I'm after Deans here (mainly for t3h lulz), and about the fixed bridge, I just REALLY don't like messing with trems nor am I really good with them. The only thing I do with guitars when they have trems is do horrible impersonations of Slayer guitar solos. :lol:

Razorback is actually looking like the one at the moment.

I'm okay if it only has a bridge pup, but I PREFER to have a neck as well, same with tone controls, I can go without, but PREFER to have them.

a fixed bridge Dime Dean? your options are quite limited there man. unless by "Dime" you mean an ML. but if you literally mean a "Dime" sig model - there are only low end ones without a Floyd.
If it's got Dime or his name on it somewhere, and is a fxied bridge, it's game.

I looked on google and all the fixed razors I found had really *ahem* tame/relatively tasteful paintjobs.
Do the fixed ones ever come with the absurd/lame/tacky getups?

Razzy

[10]
Reaction score
All_¥our_Bass;2691533 said:
Do the fixed ones ever come with the absurd/lame/tacky getups?

No, you have to pay extra for the trem and awesome paintjob. Dean isn't a charity.

AdAstra2025

ss.org Regulator
Reaction score
I "tastefull" is all your going to find in a fixie (sorry for the MTB lingo). If you want absurdity, you have to go with the Floyd versions...Being from Texas, I think the crazy new "Lone Star" RB, while obnoxious and garish, is totally badass. If I ever decide to "Get My Wings," I'm going to go with that Razorback...ridonkulous or not.

All_¥our_Bass

Deathly Chuuni
Reaction score
I "tastefull" is all your going to find in a fixie (sorry for the MTB lingo). If you want absurdity, you have to go with the Floyd versions...Being from Texas, I think the crazy new "Lone Star" RB, while obnoxious and garish, is totally badass. If I ever decide to "Get My Wings," I'm going to go with that Razorback...ridonkulous or not.
Absurdity was the idea from the start.

No, you have to pay extra for the trem and awesome paintjob. Dean isn't a charity.
I wanted fixed w/ a horibble paintjob.
I know dean isn't a charity (far from it) but I seriously thought all the Dimebag guitars could be be obtained with such paintjobs, since many people complain or laugh about them so very often. The Dimebag Deans are WELL KNOWN for their horrific paintjobs.

I'm sorry but this is the first time I actually went and researched this.

I don't mean to sound mad at you or anything, but I really had no idea.

no crazy tacky graphics on the low end non floyd Dimes.
I guess it's confirmed then. :(
I'm somewhat disappointed.

At least I know I can find one with specs I like, but I guess I'll have to give up on the "aesthetic" side of things.*

EDIT:
* Maybe not, read on.

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
Hahahaha, are you sure you want two pickups? Because there's this bad boy...

B000K6B1ES-1.jpg

Dean Dimeblade Tribute Electric Guitar: Shop Guitars & Other Musical Instruments | Musician's Friend

Razzy

[10]
Reaction score
All_¥our_Bass;2691580 said:
I wanted fixed w/ horibble paintjob.
I know dean isn't a charity (far from it) but I seriously thought all the Dimebag guitars could be be obtained with such paintjobs, since many people complain or laugh about them so very often.

I was joking dude. :lol:

I think GMT has found a winner, though.

All_¥our_Bass

Deathly Chuuni
Reaction score
I was joking dude. :lol:

I think GMT has found a winner, though.
Oh okay. Sorry, sarcasm doesn't get through very well on the internet sometimes, but I still wanted to point out that I was truly naive on the subject at hand.

Don't forget about ML Dime-O-Flage! Its the snow camo with silhouettes of Dime in black!

Dean Dime-o-Flage Snow Camo Electric Guitar: Shop Guitars & Other Musical Instruments | Musician's Friend
Not a fan of 'Arctic Camo'. Too tame

I just said it's not a must, fixed bridge is a much bigger deal to me.
This is looking like it might be it. Heck I could even (badly) route it out for another pup if I really wanted too.

Yes, I will put an additional pickup in the middle of his face!!!! :lol:

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
I think it'd be funnier if you put pink heart stickers around his face.

All_¥our_Bass

Deathly Chuuni
Reaction score
I think it'd be funnier if you put pink heart stickers around his face.
:rofl:

I really do love you guys (no homo)
You actually 'get' my kind of humor.

Speaking of stickers I just got an idea so I can still have fixed+2 pups+Absurdity.
Buy a black fixed Razorback DB, add gratuitous Dean, Dimebag, flames, lightning, pink hearts, butterflies, etc. stickers all over it.

danger5oh

I'm always... hungry
Reaction score
I have yet to see a Hello Kitty Razorback. I say try to find the pickguard off of one of those Squire's, paint an RB flat black, and then throw some pink neon strings on it... subtle, yet totally fabulous! I'd hit it!