Recommend me some Drum&Bass! No Dubstep.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
So I'm just getting more and more into DnB!

I know just really few artists like SPOR or LIMEWAX(dunno if this really is considered DnB).

So I want you to post me some names and youtube vids so I can check these artists!

Thank you! :yesway:

PS. Don't post dubstep, I just don't like it, it bores me... :shrug:

Panacea, DJ Dieselboy, Black Sun Empire, Concord Dawn, Cycom, Decoder, Gridlok, Joor, Nokturnal, Static... the list goes on. I've got about a Terabyte of DnB. PM me and I'll give you a full list of what to check out.

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
Ahh that's wonderful. I really want to get into vinyl... Usually just DJ with CDs or full digital. I kind of want to buy a vinyl player that I can connect my KRK 6's to... Any recommendations? :D

Well, ideally it wouldn't be a direct connection. The turntable would connect to either a mixer or some other version of preamp prior to reaching your speakers, but regardless of any of that, while just about any deck will serve the needs of the average listener, there's only one I would ever actually recommend:

Technics SL-1200 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Industry standard" is kind of an understatement. ;)

As another suggestion, I'm a big fan of John B. Sure, he's kind of an acquired taste, and not all of his tunes will appeal to the same people, but he's one of the only dudes in the genre who ever tries to break molds and just kind of do his own thing. He's pretty much the reason we have DnB with elements of trance, or DnB that sounds like 80's music (electrostep), or DnB that sounds like salsa/merengue, etc. Also, I got to open up for him once, which was an actual item on my bucket list. :lol:

clintsal

Humbub
Reaction score
Calyx has some hard stuff, also a collaboration album w/ Teebee.

I also second Dieselboy and Noisia

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
^Enjoy a +1 for that. Ni Ten Ichi Ryu is one of my all time favorite tunes. Love the atmosphere. It's like Photek scoops me up from the dance floor and plops me down in the middle of early-1600's Japan, as I witness the legendary dual between Musashi Miyamoto and Kojiro Sasaki at Ganryu Island..

Translation: :metal: