Recommendations for live current events programming?

• Thread starter Randy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
giphy.gif

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
that was depressing AF

fuck CNN
It's like they tailor fit designed the rules to allow that guy to lie as much as humanly possible unhindered for 2 hours.

Couldn't have gotten a more favorable chunk of programming even if they just rebroadcast one of his rallies. Basically just handed him the job.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
It's like they tailor fit designed the rules to allow that guy to lie as much as humanly possible unhindered for 2 hours.

Couldn't have gotten a more favorable chunk of programming even if they just rebroadcast one of his rallies. Basically just handed him the job.
Real talk: what the fuck is the point of the debate anyway? I didn't watch but I would bet money that there was no "debating" actually going on. Shouldn't the moderators jump in and be like "actually, fuck face, that's a complete lie and here's the proof," or are they just too lazy to do it every 20 seconds he opens his mouth?

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Real talk: what the fuck is the point of the debate anyway? I didn't watch but I would bet money that there was no "debating" actually going on. Shouldn't the moderators jump in and be like "actually, fuck face, that's a complete lie and here's the proof," or are they just too lazy to do it every 20 seconds he opens his mouth?
There was a lot of hubbub leading up to it because CNN said that they would be fact-checking in real time, and his people didn't like it.

Once the action started I noticed basically no on screen graphics or citations. Then every once in a while they would scroll a tape saying you had to go on the website to follow the fact checking in real time. LOL who on Earth was going to do that?

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
There was a lot of hubbub leading up to it because CNN said that they would be fact-checking in real time, and his people didn't like it.

Once the action started I noticed basically no on screen graphics or citations. Then every once in a while they would scroll a tape saying you had to go on the website to follow the fact checking in real time. LOL who on Earth was going to do that?

CNN trying to double-dip and capitalize on the "2-Screen Culture"

Lame

JDB123

Newb Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Real talk: what the fuck is the point of the debate anyway? I didn't watch but I would bet money that there was no "debating" actually going on.
It's just theater; lights, noise, and smoke. Dancing around the fire of massive, monumental topics and having a schoolyard argument about it. A popularity contest.

National news via television is garbage and CNN is only a few degrees better than Fox and last night showed how low they can go these days. Like international dirtbag Roger Stone once said, “Politics is showbusiness for ugly people”.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
At this point in time I think the debates are absolutely pointless, thanks to trump and the republican party. They've ruined any possibility for having an actual decent debate and not have it resort to mudslinging.

Now it's like a weird hybrid of old men shouting and WWE. In a bad way.

sleewell

Reaction score
CNN changed their tune, now saying the other candidate should have done the fact checking which would have been good if the other candidate wasn't acting like they left their barely functioning brain in another zip code.

Old people retire for good reasons. Why we let them run our country at the highest levels is beyond me. You're just about to die. There is no legit reason you should be in charge of anything or making policy that will affect the rest of us all for decades.

Last edited: