Refinishing my custom Agile Septor 727 .....(VERY pic heavy)

• Thread starter AgileLefty
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AgileLefty

hates brand snobs
Reaction score
well i guess not so much a "refnish" as it is a de-finish :rolleyes: i got this custom long before Kurt started officially taking custom orders. i was beggin him for months for a neck-thru, lefty 7 and he finally agreed to do this one for me. however, i recently grew tired of the black flame finish and so i started this. plus now my Intrepid Pro natty has a twin brother. enjoy the pictures ......

here is what it started out as. you can really see it to well in the pics, but there was a run, or a vertical streak in the flame on the right hand side. it REALLY started to bug me, and my eye would go right to it whenever i looked at. this was another reason for doing this refinish.

roughed up the clear coat with some 60 grit then put on a coat of stripper. let it sit for about an hour and scrapped it off. this got me down to the veneer....

then i went to work with the orbital sander....

got it down to bare wood then sanded smooth up to 600 grit and started putting on the satin poly.

and here she is today. all put back together!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sPliNtEr_777

Reaction score
good job looks really professional :yesway:

dont they come available like that direct from rondo, why didnt you get a nat in the first place? :scratch: sudden change of heart?

-One-

Not So Kool-Aid
Reaction score
I have a lefty neck through Interceptor Pro 725 FR in the black flame finish.
I about cried when you sanded off the quilted/flame maple veneer (it looks a bit in-between to me :p)

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
^^^This is a really old guitar. they didn't have Natural back then.

great jon nrussell32!

AgileLefty

hates brand snobs
Reaction score
good job looks really professional :yesway:

dont they come available like that direct from rondo, why didnt you get a nat in the first place? :scratch: sudden change of heart?

i've had this one for a long time. before the custom shop exsisted, and before Agile even made lefty neck-thru 7's. i had already bought 20 + Agiles from Kurt. and was pretty much buying 1 or 2 every month at the time. i guess he was tired of getting emails from me complaining and let me order this one :lol:

BigPhi84

Pronounced "FEE"
Reaction score
Man, it's a shame that such a beautiful piece of mahogany was covered up so long with that veneer. God job, man. 'Tis Lovely.

TMatt142

vagitarian
Reaction score
Wow...Honestly, when I saw that veneer getting sanded off, I didn't quite know what to think, but holy crap does that look great natural!

AgileLefty

hates brand snobs
Reaction score
Man, it's a shame that such a beautiful piece of mahogany was covered up so long with that veneer. God job, man. 'Tis Lovely.

thanks dude. and that is EXACTLY how i feel :)

and thanks to everybody else for the kind words. i'm glad you all like it.

zindrome

part time ninja
Reaction score
That looks awesome!!
I ordered a natural septor and am dying .. waiting for the jan run to ship

White Cluster

Gives Life Meaning
Reaction score
This actually looks like it would have been cool too..

dscn1591rq.jpg