Releasing an instrumental album next month. Here's a preview - would love feedback on the mix!

• Thread starter slan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RobertVII

Reaction score
Sounds really good so far dude! Very nice playing too!

Some suggestions I'd have would be I think the bass and kick could use some work. The bass's fundamental tone could come out some more so the tracks hits a little harder. Making the guitars a tad quieter might help the bass gel more with the mix too. The kick could also have some more "click" and "beef." The 80hz tone is what I'm thinking for the "beef." The snare could use some more reverb imo as well. Lastly, I think the guitar solo section could use some more delay and reverb to give a wetter sound. Possibly throw on a chorus too to make it thicker as well.

I hope this helps dude! It sounds sick so far!

slan

Reaction score
Sounds really good so far dude! Very nice playing too!

Some suggestions I'd have would be I think the bass and kick could use some work. The bass's fundamental tone could come out some more so the tracks hits a little harder. Making the guitars a tad quieter might help the bass gel more with the mix too. The kick could also have some more "click" and "beef." The 80hz tone is what I'm thinking for the "beef." The snare could use some more reverb imo as well. Lastly, I think the guitar solo section could use some more delay and reverb to give a wetter sound. Possibly throw on a chorus too to make it thicker as well.

I hope this helps dude! It sounds sick so far!

Thanks so much for the kind words! Definitely agreed on all fronts. I appreciate the second set of ears.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RobertVII

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the kind words! Definitely agreed on all fronts. I appreciate the second set of ears.

For sure dude! Please dm me the final product and album. I'd love to check it out!

Last edited:

sgsummers

Reaction score
Sounds really cool dude! I wish the solo stuff cut through better. But sounds good.

slan

Reaction score
Hi all - the album is out now!

Check it out at fallenshrines.bandcamp.com. It should be available on streaming services early next week.

This project is inspired by Cloudkicker, Haunted Shores, Opeth, Intronaut, Emperor, Cult of Luna, Alcest, Katatonia, and Agalloch.

Recorded and mixed by me, and mastered by Jamie King.

a4186467106_16.jpg

Tracklisting:

1. The Clearing
2. Ritual Landscapes
3. Mithraeum
4. Effigy
5. White Oak
6. Sacred Grove
7. Reynisfjara
8. Tower of Silence
9. Reality Bends
10. Fallen Shrines
11. Damavand

Please enjoy!

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
subbed

gonna check it out when i get more time

note: you might consider getting the mods to change your thread title so people will see its been released

slan

Reaction score
My new single “Monolith” is out now!

This track was recorded and mixed by me, and Jamie King handled the mastering. I just uploaded a guitar playthrough video on my YouTube channel, and you can also stream the track on any of the major platforms.

I’d love any feedback on the mix!

Stream on Spotify: https://spoti.fi/3osvdeu

Descent

Reaction score
I dig it...I just wish I heard this whole thing with a real drummer, would be even better. I know it's expensive but I think that's the last 5% missing. Great playing! Also - love the artwork!

slan

Reaction score
I dig it...I just wish I heard this whole thing with a real drummer, would be even better. I know it's expensive but I think that's the last 5% missing. Great playing! Also - love the artwork!

Thanks so much! And I agree with you there. Hopefully I'll have live drums on the next record!

slan

Reaction score
Really enjoyed the tune! Would love to hear what gear you used across the board.

Thanks so much!

Gear list for Monolith:

Guitars - Ibanez S7420FM, Neural DSP Archetype: Nolly
Bass - SubMission Audio Eurobass 2, Neural DSP Darkglass Ultra
Keys - Slate Digital ANA 2
Drums - Toontrack Superior Drummer 2.0

For EQ and compression on each track, I used the Slate Virtual Mix Rack. I tracked and mixed the song in REAPER.

Latest posts