Remember old school thrash metal-Testament SOD Flotsam & Jetsam Exodus Death Angel

• Thread starter M3CHK1LLA
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

richcastle66

Prog is Life
Reaction score
thrash is my favorite type of music next to deathcore. im still trying to find a way to combine them. winds of plague beat me to it a bit i think.

Basement

Reaction score
Ohh I have to chime in on this!!
Coroner-Punishment for Decadance
D.R.I-4 Of a Kind
Sacred Reich-Ignorance,Surf was good too
Testament Practice/Legacy/New Order
S.T. (How will I laugh tomorrow when I cant even smile TODAY,,,TODAY,,,TODAY)
S.O.D (What ever happened to Celtic FROST) yes both cd's
M.O.D Everybody whistle (Harry Got into his car,,,,and turned the key)
Overkill(We dont care what you say **** You!) and "E" limination
Obituary-Slowly we rot
Exodus Fabulous Disaster and I have to admit Impact is Imminet
Dark Angel-Darkness Decends and Time does not heal
Death Angel The Ultra Violence AND I got to admit,,,,,"I'm Bored"
Celtic Frost Up until the crappy "Cherry Orchards"crap
Anthrax Among the living,State of Euphoria,and Persistance of time
Kreator-Extreme Agression
Metal Church??? Anyone???
Anyone Remember Powermad????? They were GIVING Away free Cassettes EVERYWHERE!!
Slayer The one that changed my life back in 1987 "Reign In Blood!!"
THESE are the Staple Cd's That changed Metal into what it is(I know I am missing a few)If you havent heard any of them,you need too!!

Variant

Banned
Reaction score
Dude, Death Angel's 'Seemingly Endless Time', single handedly got me into metal. :agreed: Amazingy, they still kick ass.

How about Suicidal Tendencies, Sanctuary (before Nevermore, whom I think you guys might have heard of), old Sepultura, or Anacrusis who were way ahead of the game when it came to prog-extreme metal fusion. :metal:

And they'll also be saying, "Yeah yeah old man, nobody cares."
When we try and tell the younger generation of the golden metal yester years. Man, I'm feeling old....

:nono: Nah, metalheads respect their roots, like jazz guys that way. One of the first things I ever did when I got into metal was go back and buy Sabbath and Maiden albums.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Anyone Remember Powermad????? They were GIVING Away free Cassettes EVERYWHERE!!

Absolutely. I had the demo, then the Bootcamp EP, (which I bought on CD when they reissued it), and both "The Madness Begins" and "Absolute Power". AP is still one of my favorite thrash CDs. Joel has popped up here before, actually.

eaeolian

Super Moderator
Reaction score
:nono: Nah, metalheads respect their roots, like jazz guys that way. One of the first things I ever did when I got into metal was go back and buy Sabbath and Maiden albums.

Not most of them, sadly. The musicians tend to, but not so much the average fan.

eaeolian

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Two bands that were huge influences on me. :yesway:

Variant

Banned
Reaction score
Not most of them, sadly. The musicians tend to, but not so much the average fan.

I guess. I don't conciser fans to be metalheads, just like guys who don't do anything but watch ESPN and wear teamwear aren't really jocks. Those who do, are... or something like that.

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
So far no one has mentioned them (youtube vids dont show up on this phone for some reason)
so here we are:

Possessed - The Seven Churches
This album was a thrash metal album that helped found death metal and kicked a lot of ass.

And props to whoever mentioned Cyclone Temple. They sound like Metallica during the AJFA period and earlier. A very cool band indeed!
I dig the track Me, Myself, and I

stuz719

Stoic. With a small "s".
Reaction score
Cryptic Slaughter - "Convicted"
Holy Terror - "Terror and Submission"
Dark Angel - "Darkness Descends"

Basement

Reaction score
YES!! I went to sleep last night thinking"Did I post Possessed-Seven Churches???" I went on here and was gonna post that!!
Another band was ,,err I cant remember their name but they had a song called "Supermarket Monstrosity"

Psionicist

Reaction score
How about ....

or someone remembering Dead On? haha kinda liked that band, but somehow up to date I haven't met anyone who even knows them hehe.

I remember Dead On.. they had a song on the "Shocker" soundtrack I think....wasn't it "Beat a dead horse"? I want to say I saw them open for King Diamond.

I still like Exodus....Tempo of the Damned is brilliant, and their newest "Exhibit B: The Human Condition" kicks ass too

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
crazy how many bands that were mentioned that i know little or nothing about - i only thought i was well versed in thrash. there was alot of tape trading back then & i had a sizeble collection too.

well this has opened up a whole new research project for me....gotta see what i've missed over the years! i bet i find alot of new (old stock) metal to love.