Replace tone pot with a push/pull pot ?

• Thread starter slayer6699
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

slayer6699

shredaholic
Reaction score
Hi guys my main 6string is the ibanez xp300fx(1 volume,1 tone,3 way switch)
Can i remove the tone pot and install a push/pull for push a 'full' 10 tone knob and for pull 'all straight to the jack' ???

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

9Lives

GuitarHaggler
Reaction score
Ya you can remove the tone pot. Just make sure it's wired properly. I've seen ppl do all kinda crazy .... in these guitars. You technically could remove the pot. Buy a nice looking switch and mount it in the hole. Instead of pushpull

slayer6699

shredaholic
Reaction score
Ya you can remove the tone pot. Just make sure it's wired properly. I've seen ppl do all kinda crazy .... in these guitars. You technically could remove the pot. Buy a nice looking switch and mount it in the hole. Instead of pushpull
Thanks!
Why to buy only a 'looking' switch and not something more useful?

Guamskyy

Hwat you call me?
Reaction score
An alternative that I think you might like would be the "no load" pot.

Basically when the no load pot is on its full tilt max position, the pot "clicks" and completely bypasses that pot going straight to the jack like you want, but when you take it out of that "click" setting, it operates like a normal tone pot.

Obviously you wouldn't be able to find a setting you want and get in and out of that setting by using the push-pull switch, but this would be a cool alternative.

http://guitarelectronics.com/cts-500k-no-load-tone-pot/