Retro fitting Ibanez Lo-Pro Edge 7

• Thread starter komrad20
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

komrad20

Reaction score
Gotta question for ya'll...

Wanted to know the possibilities of retro fitting an Ibanez Lo-Pro Edge 7 Trem into my Komrad20, trying to decide if it's worth it, or worth investing in the Evertune bridge retrofit option?? I'm really liking the ET, but am a big fan for the Lo-Pro bridges.... Is this doable???

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Like what @MaxOfMetal of metal said, you have a perfect excuse to buy a new or used prestige guitar. There's already one with an Evertune as well.

Aren't you paying attention to the lessons of SSO?
Lesson 1 - the number of guitars one needs is "n+1", being "n" the number you already own.
Lesson 2 - get a used prestige. this lesson can only be understood after the first one is solid.
Lesson 3 - ... test before you buy...?

BearOnGuitar

Reaction score
It is possible but note that the trem route on the body top needs to be filled in with solid wood prior to the installation, which will leave raw strips of wood visible around the sides of the EverTune, unless the body or bridge area get refinished or blended in. This additional step also adds to the installation cost. You can see Dylan at Daemoness Guitars perform such an install here:

At EverTune we stopped offering trem retrofits entirely, so you'd have to find a verified installer who is happy to take on such a project. Unless you are 110% set that you require an EverTune on this specific guitar and don't mind the looks or refinishing the body or bridge area to blend it in, I'd say you're better off choosing one of the factory installed options or having a fixed bridge guitar retrofitted that doesn't have any existing bridge rout, which can easily be retrofitted with a perfectly clean looking end result.

komrad20

Reaction score
To clarify this is an Ibanez Komrad20 String thru solid body, fixed bridge scenario... Was considering getting the Evertune installed in it, and/or kicking the idea around of having a Lo-Pro trem installed in the guitar.

Reaction score
To clarify this is an Ibanez Komrad20 String thru solid body, fixed bridge scenario... Was considering getting the Evertune installed in it, and/or kicking the idea around of having a Lo-Pro trem installed in the guitar.

You have the perfect opportunity to buy a 7 stringer RGD with a LoPro (search used market/Reverb) or the new Korn/Apex30 with the Evertune bridge... I wouldn't rout that one. It is kind of a rare bird and will eventually gain some value on the longer run...

nickgray

Reaction score
Was considering getting the Evertune installed in it, and/or kicking the idea around of having a Lo-Pro trem installed in the guitar.

Why though? There's nothing special about the guitar, other than maybe 25.5" on an RGD body. It's doable, but you'll devalue the guitar while paying lots of money for the retrofit, all the while there's nothing special about the specs or the construction of the guitar itself. Seems completely unreasonable unless it's your favorite instrument ever and you see yourself playing it for decades.

Just get a (used) Prestige with a Lo-Pro if you want a Lo-Pro, there are tons of options. Ibby Evertunes are rare, but there is that Apex30 model available. Same Wizard II-7 neck, AANJ, 25.5", albeit based on an RGA body instead of an RGD. Or consider an LTD, a Solar, or something else.

komrad20

Reaction score
Why though? There's nothing special about the guitar, other than maybe 25.5" on an RGD body. It's doable, but you'll devalue the guitar while paying lots of money for the retrofit, all the while there's nothing special about the specs or the construction of the guitar itself. Seems completely unreasonable unless it's your favorite instrument ever and you see yourself playing it for decades.

Just get a (used) Prestige with a Lo-Pro if you want a Lo-Pro, there are tons of options. Ibby Evertunes are rare, but there is that Apex30 model available. Same Wizard II-7 neck, AANJ, 25.5", albeit based on an RGA body instead of an RGD. Or consider an LTD, a Solar, or something else.
Was just a random idea I had about the guitar. I've had it since 2014, and have done some upgrades to it, pickups, tuning posts, and found the bridge similar to the Prestige version of this guitar to replace the stock bridge that came with it. It's just something I was wondering about doing to it with the new bridge idea thats all.

BearOnGuitar

Reaction score
If it's a fixed bridge guitar, then the EverTune can be installed easily and it will look as it if it was installed from the factory, without any installation marks being visible after the installation. As others have said, a factory equipped guitar might be a better deal, but it's definitely possible if you want this specific guitar with an EverTune bridge.