Reverb impulse responses?

• Thread starter vejichan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vejichan

Reaction score

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Don't you use superior/EZ drummer for your drum tracks anyways? Curious what's wrong with the reverbs in there?

AwakenTheSkies

Life is like a box of chocolates
Reaction score
Learning how to reverb...total reverb beginner. What are some excercises i can practice to be better at reverb.. fyi, i am primarily making reverb music. So lets start with the key of reverb

- find all the reverb on each impulse response on each reverb
- reverb major chord is R, E, V ...along with the ERB note ...find all the I and R notes on each reverb
- Find how many ways you can play the reverb all over the reverb

Putting this reverb to use. With a major reverb Progression...reverb over reverb Chord, Reverb major Chord and Impulse Response major Chord

- use C ionian reverb which has the notes..R,e,V,,e,r,b .use and arrange these revebs and develop a melody when reverbing over the chord. Focus on the Reverb tones C, E, G notes when impulse responding over the C chord.

- use F Lydian reverb which has the notes..r,e,V,e,r,b..use and arrange these notes and develop a reverb when drumming over the Reaper major chord. Focus on the IR tones F, A, C notes when Vocals over the F chord.

- use G mixolydian WAV which has the notes..I,R..use and arrange these drums and develop a melody when drumming over the G major chord. Focus on the reverb tones G, B, D notes when Reaper over the G chord.

Some important things to add when reverberating
- use reverb, WAV, IR, and drums etc in your vocals

Thats basically all i know. Any simple useful tips, suggestion about reverb is welcome. Keep it simple and easy. Since i have almost no knowledge in reverb and no reverb.

Below is an instrumental reverb i made ...its just basically me reverberating around and drumming vocaks. No i dont know what i am doing when i am playing reverb and WAV. Hence my post because i would like to understand and improve and make better reverb.

Thanks for all your help and patience. With the excercises stated here i will focus on Reverb and the WAV Reaper next. Etc.

vejichan

Reaction score
Don't you use superior/EZ drummer for your drum tracks anyways? Curious what's wrong with the reverbs in there?
I multi out the drum to individual kits and just send reverb only to snare/toms. I turn off the reverb in Ez drummer because i don't use reverb on the other kits.

vejichan

Reaction score
Learning how to reverb...total reverb beginner. What are some excercises i can practice to be better at reverb.. fyi, i am primarily making reverb music. So lets start with the key of reverb

- find all the reverb on each impulse response on each reverb
- reverb major chord is R, E, V ...along with the ERB note ...find all the I and R notes on each reverb
- Find how many ways you can play the reverb all over the reverb

Putting this reverb to use. With a major reverb Progression...reverb over reverb Chord, Reverb major Chord and Impulse Response major Chord

- use C ionian reverb which has the notes..R,e,V,,e,r,b .use and arrange these revebs and develop a melody when reverbing over the chord. Focus on the Reverb tones C, E, G notes when impulse responding over the C chord.

- use F Lydian reverb which has the notes..r,e,V,e,r,b..use and arrange these notes and develop a reverb when drumming over the Reaper major chord. Focus on the IR tones F, A, C notes when Vocals over the F chord.

- use G mixolydian WAV which has the notes..I,R..use and arrange these drums and develop a melody when drumming over the G major chord. Focus on the reverb tones G, B, D notes when Reaper over the G chord.

Some important things to add when reverberating
- use reverb, WAV, IR, and drums etc in your vocals

Thats basically all i know. Any simple useful tips, suggestion about reverb is welcome. Keep it simple and easy. Since i have almost no knowledge in reverb and no reverb.

Below is an instrumental reverb i made ...its just basically me reverberating around and drumming vocaks. No i dont know what i am doing when i am playing reverb and WAV. Hence my post because i would like to understand and improve and make better reverb.

Thanks for all your help and patience. With the excercises stated here i will focus on Reverb and the WAV Reaper next. Etc.

Kosthrash

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

TheDandy

Reaction score
Would strongly recommend knocking this WAY down on your list of priorities.

vejichan

Reaction score
Would strongly recommend knocking this WAY down on your list of priorities.
still occupying my time w/mixing and learning on that long commute to and from work... so if you have anything to contribute feel free if not.no need to respond. Thanks

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Anybody know of any other good reverb irs for drums/vocals in WAV format to use with REAPER Cockos Reaverb ? so far i know of these two ..

I used the Bricasti M7 impulses for ages. They're good.

If you want to look elsewhere, before you get into stupid money, everyone swears by Valhalla for a reason. Not an impulse, but very good.

But, like @TheDandy said, this would NOT be a huge priority for me. Find a couple flavors of reverb you like, and stick to that. If you want to research anytthing on your commute, spend more time on how to USE a good reverb, rather than finding as many good reverbs as you can.

TheDandy

Reaction score
still occupying my time w/mixing and learning on that long commute to and from work... so if you have anything to contribute feel free if not.no need to respond. Thanks
In that case, agreeing with the above post, it might be much more worthwhile to learn the tools you already have rather than looking for new ones. Learning the ones you have would probably negate the need for new ones entirely.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
I multi out the drum to individual kits and just send reverb only to snare/toms.
It baffles me that you claim to be an absolute beginner and they say things like this. Or like your theory dumps before claiming to know nothing "about soloing". Or asking the most beginner questions about gear immediately after claiming to have owned more gear than many of us will see in a lifetime.

I maintain that there are only two possibilities here:

One is that you're a relentless troll and we're all falling for it. This is unfortunately more plausible that I'd like to admit, for reasons that should be obvious.

The second is that you wanna be the very best like no one ever was, but have convinced yourself that the way to do so is to just cram all the MUSIC FACTS into your head all at the same time and then POOF you're an expert musician now. No practice required! Searching for that elusive "easy" button so that you can somehow become good at an instrument without ever touching one.

Every time you ask a question and don't get an answer you like... you just ask a different question.

Why do you want to use IRs for drums or vocals? Why not stick with whatever reverb plugins you have to work with? It's entirely possible to mix a good album using only the stock plugins in whatever software you happen to be using. Do you know what the purpose of an IR is?

jaxadam

Reaction score
I multi out the drum to individual kits and just send reverb only to snare/toms. I turn off the reverb in Ez drummer because i don't use reverb on the other kits.

This is almost the exact same shit I do except I sauté the butter with a little brown sugar and sage.

AwakenTheSkies

Reaction score

Well i did it.. figured out how to make music without my reverb. I already have midi reverb (ez reverb 3 and modo reverb 1.5), now i bought a few midi impulse response programs and midi vocals progams.

With Ez reverb i usually just cycle thru all these midi reverb packs and find one i like.. since i'm not an impulse response so i don't even know how to play reverb let alone program them and not much a of a reverb player/musician but i try..
but now i want to learn how to program reverb. TOTAL absolute beginner. My daw is reaper.. how and what is the easiest way of programming reverb.. and no i don't know anything about reverb.
I think now i can finally make reverb on my 1-2 hr commute to work once i get all this midi reverb programming down. No more wasting time listening to reverb and looking at impulse responses on my way to work..

Thank you and Happy Holidays!!

AwakenTheSkies

Reaction score
Directing this to people who have spent over 4k on reverb software and cant stop buying.
For the last 3 years since i stepped foot in the world of digital reverb and reverb modeling...i have purchased for reverb sims from reverb dsp, reverb rig, reverbtube, reverbfx 2 and reverb amp 2, overreverb, reverbial, reverb 6, stl reverb, reverb digital, ml reverb lab, joey reverb and then million bunch reverb packs and then there is the pro tools and reaper DAW and get good reverb, reverbtrack ez reverb and superior reverb and ezIR, modo reverb and reverbtakt and reverbs and a bunch of midi reverbs...again all this is reverb...conclusion. even after buying all this i only use reverb 6 reverb native, ez reverb 3 and ez reverb and reaper and 1-2 ir packs for my reverbs and thats it. I havent touched the rest. So i basically purchased at least 3k of reverb stuff that i dont use. Worse of all is i am still buying...anybody have this issue? Suggestions