Reverb Not Working On Only One Channel Of My Mesa?

ragnorok

Reaction score
Hey guys i wasn't sure where to post this at so i threw it in here. I bought a second hand Road King 2 the other day, love the amp but it does need a couple new pre amp tubes (i hope) as my channel 4 suddenly starting running at very low volume. Around the same time this happened my reverb stopped working on my 1st channel. It works fine on all my other channels though :scratch:.

Now this is my first serious all tube amplifier so I'm still a bit of a noob. i have some new mesa pre amp and power tubes coming in the mail today that I'm gonna swap out but i feel like that issue will probably not be fixed (maybe not even my channel 4 volume issue for that matter). There's pretty much zero shops around me that do amp tech, so if anything major is going on with it I'll have to drive pretty far out of town. But in the mean time, does any one have any suggestions on possible causes? I could really use all the help I can get guys

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

elkoki

Reaction score
When I bought my peavey xxx , I got it used from a pawn shop . I was so excited to take it home and only pay $150 for it that I didn't spend long enough playing with all the features to see if anything was wrong . When I brought it home I realized something wasn't right with the reverb in both of the channels . Neither worked , I ignored it for a while being to afraid to mess something up . One day I just decided to check out the reverb tank and all that . There isn't really much of a risk unplugging it to see if there's anything wrong with it. I unplugged it , checked it and all was fine , no broken parts or anything . I plugged it back in and inspected the tubes . One power tube was extremely loose , nearly falling off . So I pushed it back in . Wasn't expecting anything to happen , but I plugged the amp back in and the reverb was working again . I don't know if the reverb tank cable was loose ? Or connected badly or if it was the tube , but all is fine now . If you're not too afraid you can check out the reverb tank or if any tubes are loose . Beyond that I wouldn't try to do much else if you're not experienced in this type of stuff