Revv G8 Noise Gate

• Thread starter StevenC
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shoeless_jose

Reaction score
Managing to make a noise gate sexy always impressive. Helix has built in gates so no rush for me to get a stand alone one but it still looks tempting lol.

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
I've heard good things about them in the revv fb group, but I don't personally have a need for one. My ISP decimator works just fine.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

katsumura78

Reaction score
I’m actually in the market so I might grab one. The Mark IV is a little noisy and I love how good the gate is in the 120. Having a better version of that sounds like a win. And they managed to make it look pretty dang cool.

bigsimpin

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Top and side mounted jacks?

Aside, MXR have made me wary whenever a company advertises "Bright LED", so I make sure to have some tape ready.

laxu

Reaction score
Top and side mounted jacks?

Aside, MXR have made me wary whenever a company advertises "Bright LED", so I make sure to have some tape ready.

Yeah MXR stuff is basically "turn on a mini sun" level bullshit. Messing with my DIY pedals the resistor value that affects the LED brightness as well as sanding the top of the LED has really helped diffuse the light. It's ridiculous to have this issue on a production pedal when it's not that much work to test different resistors with your chosen LED model and see how they look in the enclosure in well lit and dark environments.

The top and side mounted jacks thing isn't great as it now takes extra space on your board both horizontally and vertically. While that size enclosure doesn't have a huge amount of room, having two jacks side by side on each side should have been ok.

Matt08642

Reaction score
People dislike MXR LEDs? I love that I know my Phase 90 is on from 2 rooms away, at least compared to my TS9 where I can't see the LED when staring directly at it lol

KnightBrolaire

Reaction score
oh you want bright leds, here, look at my modded boss metalzone. It's even worse in person.
PXL-20211016-020602203.jpg

me trying to adjust my settings without going blind

KnightBrolaire

Reaction score
to balance out blinding everyone with my mt2 post, here's something actually relevant to the thread.

Latest posts