RG2228 Bridge lefty conversion?

• Thread starter Mangle
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mangle

Breaker
Reaction score
:idea:Want to know if this particular maneuver would be possible? Do the Ibby's bridge have individual saddles that can be individually removed from their original positions, moved into a new position and reinserted but, fitting properly, to basically make the bridge hold the strings in the reverse order that they started out in? Thus making it into a left handed bridge instead of a right handed bridge as it began life. Thanks in advance for any help answering my question!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ShiftKey

SS.org irregular
Reaction score
Aye, you can remove the saddles and move them about if you want, what make you think there is a specific right handed version of the Edge3FX tremolo though? its not floating so there is no left/right handed trem arm and without that there is nothing to differentiate a left or right handed model they are all the same no?

Mangle

Breaker
Reaction score
Wasn't sure? Didn't know if the saddles were graduated/graded to fit specific string gauges. Trying to get a basic handle on what I would have to do to make a left-handed version of this guitar.... after having a luthier produce a lefty version of the body for me. Using the neck as in a reverse manner etc.