RG2228

• Thread starter shupe13
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

shupe13

Reaction score
I've been on youtube and between Dino, Marten and a kid (medicatedband), I'm wanting the 2228 bad! I'm guessing its been out long enough to be problem free and strings readily available? As I am not rich by far, I can't afford any problems.

MatthewK

Reaction score
Medicated are awesome. The ex-singer/guitarist of Imperanon is in that band. My friend had one of the 2228's from the first batch I guess and it didn't have any problems. The case it comes with is really nice too. I got myself the LTD SC-608b because it's a bit more to my liking visually and cheaper too. I plan on stringing it with the same set of D'addarios I used for my 7 and buying some singles for the F#.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

shupe13

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't know anything about Medicated, but the kid rocks.

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
I got one, and it's the absolute boss. No problems at all, awesome construction, and the bridge is a work of art, steady as a rock! For strings I just buy a pack of 7s and an additional lower string (most guys use between .60 and .70, which arent hard to find).

Top drawer guitar, I hardly play my K-7 anymore!

j3ps3

Reaction score
I'm the "medicated kid" as you say. :) And yeah I bought my RG2228 about 6 months ago and I haven't had any problems with it. Trying to also get rid of my SC-607B 'cause there's no use for it anymore. RG2228 kicks arse. :agreed:

shupe13

Reaction score
Anyone played the new LTD 8 yet? Its a tad less in cost and looks cool. Is that what you have MatthewK?

MatthewK

Reaction score
Anyone played the new LTD 8 yet? Its a tad less in cost and looks cool. Is that what you have MatthewK?

Yeah, just got it. I like it a lot! I don't see any reason to go with the Ibanez over the LTD. Unless you really like bolt on necks for whatever reason. I really don't see the point in Ibanez's locking bridge, I'd rather have string through. The only questionable thing might be the pickup config of the SC, though I think the middle pickup does a perfectly fine job for neck pickup type sounds. The LTD looks a lot nicer too IMO. I'm not into the sparkly finish or the headstock on the Ibanez. Plus the SC has a carved top and neck binding!

shupe13

Reaction score
Right on Matt. I currently own an Ibby 7 and I like it alot, but I'm not dead set on any brand. I owned for the most part set/thru neck guitars. I swore by them for years. I started looking at all the players out there and the number of set necks vs. bolt seem pretty even, maybe more bolt players. So I buy either now. My big problem now is the fact that an 8 is a special order, so I'm going off the info you guys give me and hope to feel the same. I do not like the Schecter necks. Too thick for me. The Loomis is ok IMO.

Mogwaii

Wait, what?
Reaction score
I played it for a while, I didnt like the string spacing at all. The strings were way too floppy but that isnt the guitars issue.

Crucified

Deathgrind Maniac
Reaction score
i think the ibby 8 is just fine. That being said if you don't like ibanez guitars, you wont like it, if you prefer an ibanez neck/sound you'll get it 100% from this guitar.

j3ps3

Reaction score
i think the ibby 8 is just fine. That being said if you don't like ibanez guitars, you wont like it, if you prefer an ibanez neck/sound you'll get it 100% from this guitar.

Well I hated Ibanez guitars and every six or sevenstring Ibanez I had played sucked ass <edit> imo </edit> but I just love my RG2228.

Innerself86, happy now? :D

shupe13

Reaction score
I played it for a while, I didnt like the string spacing at all. The strings were way too floppy but that isnt the guitars issue.

Too wide, too close? What was your tuning?

Crucified - Did you sell yours? Got to see your vid, unfortunately I couldn't get good audio.

Crucified

Deathgrind Maniac
Reaction score
nope, i still have one for sale right now. pm if you're interested or just want to know anything about them. the video's had pretty bad sound due to being handheld cams. sounds great in person!

shupe13

Reaction score
Kevin - I will be in the market soon. So, I'll pm you before I buy.

Ze Kink

the black wizards
Reaction score
If someone here in Europe has one for sale, I might be interested!

I'm probably ordering a custom 8-string in two months, but it'll probably take 4-6 months for it to be finished anyway. And it would be nice to have an 8 to fiddle with while it's being built.

shupe13

Reaction score
I'm probably ordering a custom 8-string in two months, but it'll probably take 4-6 months for it to be finished anyway. And it would be nice to have an 8 to fiddle with while it's being built.

Who's going to build it for you?