RG8 Swirled or Natural?

twiztedchild

Banned
Reaction score
I Dont Have one yet. But I was thinking when I have the Money to get one, to either have the black paint removed and just do like a clear Coat or maybe a stain then clear coat paint. Or I was thinking of doing a swirl kind of like this
suc30027iq1.jpg
which is piccoblades rg7620. but maybe with like lime or neon green and black. then I could get the neon green inlays too. be like rg8 green dot.

but anyways I was just wondering what you guys thought and I know it is mainly up to me.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

twiztedchild

Banned
Reaction score
I do too. but I dont really know what basswood looks like natural.

and if anyone know how to can they make a mock up of the rg8 swirled like black and lime green with the green dots?

twiztedchild

Banned
Reaction score

OrsusMetal

In brightest day...
Reaction score
I'm not really a fan of swirls. Do a stain and then clear coat it. Make sure you don't over sand the basswood though, the grain can mess up pretty easy in my experience. So I think the stain would work nicely. :yesway:

twiztedchild

Banned
Reaction score
I was also thinking of maybe getting a maple veneer added on the top maybe. I think that would be cool too. either the Flamed or the Quilt tops and even get the same for the headstock. I was playing this SV at guitar center with a beautiful light blue flame top. it was a 6 string but I loved the top. I think that might be good on the rg8 also.

twiztedchild

Banned
Reaction score
Maybe I should have done a poll :lol:

Does anyone know how much each of those 3 things I am thinking of doing would cost me? as in anyone that has done the green dot switch or the Flamed top mod??

arktan

Icnomptenent
Reaction score
:squint:

My goddess PICSTOR demands it to be NATURAL

defer to PICSTORS will or...... or..... well errrrr........ i'll squint you!

:squint:

arktan

Icnomptenent
Reaction score
:rofl: who is PICSTORS??

That's a new goddess on these boards. She spoke to me while i was drunk.
She is evil, loves picstories and she hates it when someone starts a thread about a new guitar without pics. You know, the usual NGD-stuff with the "I'll add pics later" comment... :realmad:

If someone defies her will, he should be prepared for countless :squint:'s
PICSTOR pwns painfully

all hail PICSTOR :lol:

nah, joking, but you could decide if you want it natural or not after you take off the paint and see if the wood is nice...

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
i'm not a fan of basswood, imo its not a good looking wood, so my vote is to swirl it. but don't swirl it hot pink and green or something, make it something less tacky :lol:

Latest posts