RGA8 Backorder....

• Thread starter thefool
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

thefool

Reaction score
The expected shipment date is now August 13th!, I ordered one a few days ago and the expected date was May 28th. I was super bummed cause earlier in the day when I checked before I headed to guitar center to order it they said they were in stock. I get to the store get 15% off for trading in my ds-1 :hbang: thats right $120 trade up discount plus 10 bucks for the pedal. So after being all happy and joyous to get my first 8, I find out they are already out of stock and now I wasn't gonna receive it till the 28th. This wasn't to bad since I was gonna be out of town and i have finals next week. Then it was June 8th, which still wasn't too back since it was only a few days longer the date I was told. Now I checked the site and its August 13th. Does anyone know if they will like, ship out a load of them for the people who ordered them when they were expected on the 28th and its just keeps getting pushed back? and now this date for august is for people who order them say today? but people who ordered them when the expected date was may 28th will still get them then?

and here I was so excited to go home and find a 8 string in my room.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Xherion

Reaction score
I don't know the answer to your question, but perhaps Ibanez is pulling them back to fix the issue with the bridge screw stripping out?

Cheesebuiscut

Loves his Q-tuners
Reaction score
It happens with everything, theres probably ones floating around in the stores.

I had to cancel my last online order because of that... I order it online because the one in the store was sold mines back ordered and gets pushed back like 4 times I go to the store and BAM theres one just sitting there.

Marv Attaxx

Reaction score
My dad called me yesterday and told me that my rga8 has arrived :hbang:
After waiting 2 months :lol:
Can't wait to play that fucker at Wednesday :yesway:

thefool

Reaction score
I'm sure Ibanez is pulling them back because of the bridge screw, which is good. i wouldn't want one that, that would possibly happen to. I mean if it happened after the warranty is up. that would just blow. but for them to change the expected date and push it back as far as they did, I'm just curious to as if I will still receive mine at the date I was told when I ordered it or if I am just going to have to wait extra months.

I_infect

Reaction score
About a week ago I bought one and returned it the same day from MF. It was supposed to be new, but when I got it the foam it was wrapped in inside the box was all torn up(along with the inner box itself), and the side bridge posts were chewed up with a screwdriver. Either it was a return, or they pulled the stock to adjust the bridge or something. I liked the guitar, except for the pickups, which I found to be utterly horrible. I paid for new, so I just wouldn't stand for that. They're out of stock now, so something is definitely up.

thefool

Reaction score
About a week ago I bought one and returned it the same day from MF. It was supposed to be new, but when I got it the foam it was wrapped in inside the box was all torn up(along with the inner box itself), and the side bridge posts were chewed up with a screwdriver. Either it was a return, or they pulled the stock to adjust the bridge or something. I liked the guitar, except for the pickups, which I found to be utterly horrible. I paid for new, so I just wouldn't stand for that. They're out of stock now, so something is definitely up.

that sucks, did you try to get a exchange?

I_infect

Reaction score
^ I ordered it when they were out of stock, apparently they only got a few in when they came in. All the ones that came in were sold I was told, so now the status is 8-13, same as GC. I'm not waiting lol.

Honestly, i liked it alot except the pickups. Swap them out it would be a great guitar. Loved the RGA body.

thefool

Reaction score
Just called Ibanez about the backorder. I asked them if the RGA8's were on backorder due to the bridge screw problem.... well all he said was to contact my dealer and they can contact them about backorder dates and prices. So I was like. Is there any information on why they are on backorder, did you guys sell more than you were expecting or are you fixing a problem. well he said they exact same thing he said after i asked him the first question. Then I said "I guess you just can't answer my question" and he responded with "Are there any other questions I can assist you with today" I said "well if you can't answer my question I guess not" and he said "bye" and hung up. wth.

Prydogga

Giddyup.
Reaction score
they should seriously just ditch that locking nut and ficed edge bridge and just go with the hipshot style bridge

Ehh, fixed bridge with trem like tuning holding ability seems good to me, Hipshot means more price aws Ibanez have to buy the Hipshots and add more pirce onto them to cover that added cost, rather than cheaply manufacture the Edge in China or wherever they make their Indo bridges.

I_infect

Reaction score
Just called Ibanez about the backorder. I asked them if the RGA8's were on backorder due to the bridge screw problem.... well all he said was to contact my dealer and they can contact them about backorder dates and prices. So I was like. Is there any information on why they are on backorder, did you guys sell more than you were expecting or are you fixing a problem. well he said they exact same thing he said after i asked him the first question. Then I said "I guess you just can't answer my question" and he responded with "Are there any other questions I can assist you with today" I said "well if you can't answer my question I guess not" and he said "bye" and hung up. wth.

Wow, says alot for Ibanez customer service:noway: But hey they can't even give an endorsee a loaner guitar on tour in Australia... makes me second guess what I'm actually paying for with an Ibanez.

FWIW I never had that problem when I contacted Schecter about anything. I have been missing my Hellraiser C-8 as of late...

thefool

Reaction score
Wow, says alot for Ibanez customer service:noway: But hey they can't even give an endorsee a loaner guitar on tour in Australia... makes me second guess what I'm actually paying for with an Ibanez.

FWIW I never had that problem when I contacted Schecter about anything. I have been missing my Hellraiser C-8 as of late...

Yea. thats what I'm saying. You can't tell a paying customer why the guitar is on backorder. I mean he could have just said they ran out or some bs but to not even acknowledge my question. i was like damn. I called guitar center from where I ordered it and the asst manager is gonna call Ibanez to see if he can find anything out.

and i mean shit it was hard enough finding the phone number for ibanez in the first place (some random forum i found on google in a post from 2004)

Marv Attaxx

Reaction score
Got my Rga8!
There's a little metal-tube where the bridge screw goes into the body so I think they are using screw anchors in the new series :yesway:
Looks like the screw-popping-out-problem is solved now :hbang:
The NGD-Threat will follow tomorrow!

I_infect

Reaction score
The one they sent me / I returned is on MF as 'used'... it's the one for $511.

Buy Ibanez RGA8 8-String Electric Guitar | Extended Range Electric Guitars | Musician's Friend

as you can see in the pic the bridge posts were chewed to hell, and it was supposed to be 'new'. F'that. Anyway it's there if anyone wants a deal.

713446.jpg

enForce1

youtube/bcdude
Reaction score
I ordered my RGA8 on 19. of April and finally called the store yesterday. Originally they didn't have it in stock and they said that the new batch of these guitars should arrive in early May. The batch should have reached Finland today so presumably I'll get mine next week :) Hope that the bridge screw problem has been solved with this individual btw.

thefool

Reaction score
well guys looks like ive got good karma or something. looked at musiciansfriend today and saw they had an RGA8 used for 703.99 in mint condition. (hopefully its not I_Infects mislisted.../ dont think it is though cause i saw it on there earlier) But anyways canceled my guitar center order and my RGA8 should be here next week!