Risky Buy. Help?

• Thread starter Drews33
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mcd

stuff and thangs
Reaction score
he has a number on the site give him a call talk to him. Im not seeing where you you feel shady, they have a very good reputation and seem to be representing the product well.

Drews33

Reaction score
I guess the too-good-to-be-true price scared me a little, along with the fact that I wouldn't get to play it before i could buy it. Thanks for the input!! He does have a near perfect positive feedback haha.

Relinquish69

Reaction score
for a korean made guitar, I would be thinking along the lines of Schecter. It's worth a shot. nothing a good set up can't do anyways.

Philligan

The White-Knuckler
Contributor
Reaction score
Is it a Grote? The description says "Maetro" guitars. :scratch:

From what I can find they don't exist. I found a Maestro Guitars from Singapore, but they don't seem to have any semi-hollows, just acoustics, classicals, and ukeleles. It looks shady to me. :2c:

Al NiCotin

Reaction score
Note that there's no rear access plate. If the instrument is good enough there's great chance you want to make some mods including pots and capacitors

I remember a clear and detailled explanation made by Max about how to proceed. If ,like me, you don't have the skills you will have to find a tech

Btw this instrument looks attractive

InfinityCollision

Reaction score
This guitar pops up in a thread here every other week or so. Search for Grote and you'll find them. I believe they were established as Chinese make, lots of knockoffs and potentially some straight ripoffs (they have a banner pic of someone holding a guitar that clearly displays the Ibanez logo :lol:). I'd imagine you get what you pay for here, and that's not going to be much in the way of good things in a $250 semi-hollow guitar. Could be a decent project guitar if you don't mind putting some extra cash down to upgrade the electronics and fix the fretwork though.