roast me on my mix please!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KingAenarion

Resident Studio Nerd
Reaction score
Low end is a bit of a mess. Check it against pink noise.

Guitars sit on top rather than coming out as an equal part. Look at carving out a bit clearer space either in the arrangement or in the frequency spectrum so you can push it back a bit

Everything that isn't guitars feels very "VSTi" velocities need variation.

Your biggest problems are arrangement/layering and composition issues, and where you're accenting frequencies.

RobertVII

Reaction score
Low end is a bit of a mess. Check it against pink noise.

Guitars sit on top rather than coming out as an equal part. Look at carving out a bit clearer space either in the arrangement or in the frequency spectrum so you can push it back a bit

Everything that isn't guitars feels very "VSTi" velocities need variation.

Your biggest problems are arrangement/layering and composition issues, and where you're accenting frequencies.

Thanks for the advice! I'll look into it. Can you elaborate on the pink noise? I'm unfamiliar with that.

RockMixer

I mix Rock Music
Reaction score
Nice song! As far as mix. Very thin. Keys a bit loud. Not a polished record for sure. But I get the idea of the tune 100% . I could mix the hell out of this and make it into a kick ass record if you wanted.

Looking for some feedback on a mix I recently made. Any advice y'all have will be greatly appreciated!

Link to song

cGoEcYk

Reaction score
Great thoughts already on here. I heard the lows being a little light and guitars rippin through a little much.