Rock Block by Surprise Sound Lab

El Caco

Djavli te ponesli
Contributor
Reaction score
http://surprisesoundlab.com/

I was just showing the guys in chat this and noticed it hasn't been discussed before so here's the thread.

Inspired by the Zvex Nano, it's a 1W head that can also be used as a pedal and uses readily available tubes so you can experiment.

ssl-7004005.jpg

I am keen on hearing some more clips first but I think I might try one of these.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
i swear i've seen that? probably the Zvex though..

and "rock block" made me laugh - mainly because i've seen my buddy get rockblocked by his bassist, it was hilarious.

whats the damage on 'em?

El Caco

Djavli te ponesli
Contributor
Reaction score
I think they are about $350ish

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
I didn't like any of those clips to be perfectly honest. :lol: Sounds like something a 50 year old blues classic rock guitarist would be into.

I don't really get the appeal of the pedal. I could easily get any of those tones with any of the amps I've owned (or with my GNX). :shrug: What are you paying $350 for?

El Caco

Djavli te ponesli
Contributor
Reaction score
It's an interesting piece of gear Eric, it's a 1W amp that would not need to be deafeningly loud to sound good, I have a lot of interest in messing around with low power tube amps at home. But it is also a pedal that could be used as either a boost pedal or a distortion pedal.