Rondo 7-string bass

• Thread starter Desecrated
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
D

Desecrated

Now that the 8-string guitars are out, don't we need some nice 7-string basses to go along with them :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Scott

Aye.
Contributor
Reaction score
Because they sell 6's already. We want new gear too! :(

What am I talking about? God knows I wouldn't be able to order one anyway. :(

Jason

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Sure I don't see why rondo wouldn't do one. We should have em make up some 7's and 8's :D

D

Desecrated

... why 7? i'd've thought the natural progression to accompany an 8 would be a 6 :shrug:

on a 6-strings you have one thicker and one thinner string so it span B-C (bass players often tune in 4th all the way), But when conklin started doing 7-strings they added two thicker string and one thinner so it went F#-C.

D

Desecrated

Why can't you just take the high C off of the 6s and put on a low F#?

The scale length is probably not enough then. I don't know if the tuners can handle that big strings either.

But if he can do a baritone 6-string bass I'm down for that to :D

Ruins

Reaction score
that would be awesome. totally.
i was already considering to buy the 6 string when i sort my money issues
but if there will be 6 baritone or 7 string basses i will be all over it. i would buy any day.
so far that i know besides the customshops you have the H&S and HK 7 string basses out there which i am skeptical abut them.
i didn't find the link to the H&S i guess they are out of stock right now but here is the HK
HK 7 Saiter Fretless Edelbass mit Esche Body - RETOURE bei eBay.de: E-Bässe (endet 10.06.08 19:30:00 MESZ)

halsinden

it's a british thing
Reaction score
i love 7 string basses. i don't know why, but they really work for me, aesthetically.

definitely something i have planned to commission through roter, going much more down the barrillon bass route (by the far the sexiest i've ever seen in 7).

H

Kronpox

shrent? shrent.
Reaction score
I'm no expert but I have to assume that there's even less of a market for 7 string basses than there is for 8 string guitars :shrug:

It would be sweet to see but probably not cost effective enough to warrant production. The guys at Rondo aren't magicians, they can't just throw an amazing guitar with whatever specs and have it be less than $600. I think we'll have better luck pushing the 7-string acoustic than a 7-string bass.

DefinedInSilere

Reaction score
When I was playing bass full time I was constantly on the lookout for a cheap 7 string, being that a student cannot afford the Conklins. Itd be nice if it were a fanned fret bass as well, but Ill keep dreaming on that.

D

Desecrated

I'm no expert but I have to assume that there's even less of a market for 7 string basses than there is for 8 string guitars :shrug:

It would be sweet to see but probably not cost effective enough to warrant production. The guys at Rondo aren't magicians, they can't just throw an amazing guitar with whatever specs and have it be less than $600. I think we'll have better luck pushing the 7-string acoustic than a 7-string bass.

I think your right that there is a bigger market for a 7-string acoustic then for a 7-string bass on this site, BUT, there is a market for a good 7-string bass, and over at the extendedrangebassist forum this would be great news.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
while i´d love one, i really wouldn´t ever need more than 6 strings on a bass, and i´d probably don´t REALLY need more than 5 :p

i´m all for longer bass scales and strings to go with them... i say make 37" bass guitars, and have actual string companies make strings for them. to be fair though, d´addario does make 36" scale bass strings, but they don´t go above .135 i think... i´d want .175 at that scale for a low E an octave down (i´m sick in the head, see?)