ROTER FANNED FRETS prodyction model ??? Go buy an AGILE instead!

Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gtrbmart

Reaction score
Not for sure yet but I think Sebastian may have messed up my order. I ordered a 6-string and he sent me pics of an 8-string with almost all the same specs as mine. If it's true that it's a screw up, then there are some changes I'd want made. Maybe it won't end up being such a bad thing! Not really mad or anything, just kind of want to know the truth. I'm waiting for an email reply from him so it could just be a case of a picture mix-up.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
Not for sure yet but I think Sebastian may have messed up my order. I ordered a 6-string and he sent me pics of an 8-string with almost all the same specs as mine. If it's true that it's a screw up, then there are some changes I'd want made. Maybe it won't end up being such a bad thing! Not really mad or anything, just kind of want to know the truth. I'm waiting for an email reply from him so it could just be a case of a picture mix-up.

tell him via PM straight away, and he´ll most likely sort you right out.

gtrbmart

Reaction score
Apparently just a case of right picture of the wrong guitar. Oh well. Maybe my other idea will just be another order through him.

george galatis

Reaction score

Deadnightshade

U gonna eat that?
Reaction score
hell mate....that suck!
after zillions posts i decided to live the "roter" idea! there's long time i noticed that roter guitars aren't a nice deal cause of waiting!

well it's all about compromises..it's a small shop so waiting times are bigger,but you get better specs out of the box.

as for the pickups they get them on time now it's not a problem anymore I think

george galatis

Reaction score
well it's all about compromises..it's a small shop so waiting times are bigger,but you get better specs out of the box.

as for the pickups they get them on time now it's not a problem anymore I think

:p the quote was just an example! i know what you saying dude but the thing is, few customers aren't happy.....so the shit is, the guitar takes too much time to be done with the right spec!

any way... cheers :D

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
hell mate....that suck!
after zillions posts i decided to live the "roter" idea! there's long time i noticed that roter guitars aren't a nice deal cause of waiting!

The wait time is still shorter than in almost all other places you can get a semi-custom guitar.

Apophis

Banned
Reaction score
waiting time is a lot bigger longer than we expected, cause we started that line thinking about almost identical guitars, something like production custom guitar, that idea failed :D and every guitar is just different, so we have to work on single one just like on any other custom we did in the past, only shape is the same, so at the end we really have almost full custom ;)

elq

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
I'm writing this as a (probably unneeded) warning to others.

It all started on 12/17/09 with -

Sebastian,

I'm sending you an email regarding
http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/1779323-post628.html

I'm elq on the forum, I asked you about making a lefty version a week
or two ago, and I want to apologize for asking as I found that you had
already answered that question long before.

Assuming a lefty version can be ordered now, I'll take a 7 string
version with a Wenge body and a Padouk fretboard.

If this sounds good to you, I prefer paying via paypal, so please let
me how much extra to cover the paypal fees.

My contact info -

personal data elided...

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks!

After a bit of back and forth re: paypal fees, on 1/3/2010 -

Hello Eric,

Your payment for $1,055.00 USD to bukowski.sebastian@op.pl has been sent.

It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in the Recent Activity list on your Account Overview.

Payment details
Amount: $1,055.00 USD
Transaction Date: Jan 3, 2010
Transaction ID: 3U278008GM0648501

Subject: You've got money!

6 months later -

from Sebastian Bukowski <bukowski.sebastian@wp.pl>
to Me
date Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 8:49 AM
subject Guitar for you
mailed-by wp.pl

Hi,
your guitar is ready and was shipped, tracking number is CP110758518pl
EMS-POCZTEX: B³yskawiczna Poczta Kurierska - www.pocztex.pl
Sebastian

On 8/12/10 this was plopped at my doorstep by USPS -

IMG_20101021_221849.jpg

Excuse the shitty and dark cell phone pics.

Yes. It's right handed.

I was... disappointed. :squint:

After a bit more back and forth -

from Sebastian Bukowski <bukowski.sebastian@wp.pl>
to Me
date Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 10:04 AM
subject Re: Guitar for you
mailed-by wp.pl

I think you can make a FS thread on SS.org and sell it for about 750$, then you will send this money to me and in the meantime we will make just new guitar for you, that money will be enought to cover costs of a new one

Write what you think about that one, say that is new etc, never played almost etc ....

Sebastian

After a nice long (and much needed) vacation in Barcelona, I've finally decided to deal with this bullshit now. I will be creating a FS thread soon, but have no interest in having anything else to do with Roter.

My mistake (besides ordering in the first place) was to have a hands-off approach. If you choose to go with Roter, I would strongly suggest that you regularly bug his ass for updates and pictures. Good luck.

In the end, I knew the deal was too good to be true, but loosing a grand (in the absolute worst case) would not hurt me much, so I took a chance.

Caveat emptor.

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That fucking blows and tears at my heart strings man. Honestly this shit is wack - sucks that the only suggestion the Sebastian gives you is to take a hit on a guitar you just got and then resend him the money for HIS mistake :noway:

elq

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
^ That's gotta be the most heartbreaking thing, right there.

Agreed. Opening the box was certainly a kick in the balls.

That fucking blows and tears at my heart strings man. Honestly this shit is wack - sucks that the only suggestion the Sebastian gives you is to take a hit on a guitar you just got and then resend him the money for HIS mistake :noway:

Thanks. This is why I've decided to just wash my hands of it. Live and learn.

Necris

Bonitis.
Reaction score
:( I'm so sorry to see that man. A mistake of that magnitude is really just inexcusable.
I can only hope that I and all the others who have yet to recieve our guitars recieve them with the correct specs, but this certainly doesn't bode well.

TemjinStrife

Power Metal Cellist
Reaction score
Okay. Seriously. What the fuck.

Sebastian, this is the sort of thing that is your responsibility to make right; not his.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah how about Sebastian takes responsibility for yet ANOTHER fuckup in a continuing series, takes the guitar back, and gives you what you ordered or a refund. If you used a credit card through paypal I would suggest calling your credit card company and see if they'll reverse the charges. There is absolutely no way you should have to do the work and send more money to fix this.

Wise words, you can't have low cost, high quality, AND short turnaround time, getting 2 out of 3 is already pretty cool for me. :)

Which two is that exactly? I have yet to see more than the first one...

Status
Not open for further replies.