Rusty Cooley - Under The Influence Video

• Thread starter 777
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SS.Org's Irish Guy
Reaction score
incase some of you havent seen it , yes i know its not him playing live in the video but its cool to watch
one point though ,

please dont watch this if your gona post comments like "this is shred not music or hes just fast not good" its a SHRED video not a masterpeice of musical composition if you want something musical go watch some satriani or something

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81V_rYXQg9w

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

God Hand Apostle

Tin Foil Central
Reaction score
Satriani can write music sure...but does he shred?

I kid, I kid.

I just watched this movie about an hour ago, and thought about posting it here...great minds...

Carrion

Et tu, Brute?
Reaction score
The video was so cheesy imo. The wall of amps, the shirt he was wearing and the insane fretboard closeups.

Ken

Forum MVP
Reaction score
The video was so cheesy imo. The wall of amps, the shirt he was wearing and the insane fretboard closeups.

I agree, but then again, I like cheese. :D

I was thinking along the same lines, but then I remembered something vital. He's WAY better than I'll ever be. :2c:

johnw

Reaction score
"I like cheese."

I agree
lmao

SS.Org's Irish Guy
Reaction score
johnw is that a pic of the Rc7 in the flesh!!!! please god post more if you own one!!!

WayneCustom7

Paolo
Contributor
Reaction score
Someone just posted this last week, and sorry to say, he's fast but not very musical...but nonetheless, still a phenom!

OzzyC

:ubersquint:
Reaction score
not knowing much about rusty cooley when i first opened this i thought it would be rusty cooley under the influence.... a video of him drunk ala Herman Ri :rofl:

anyway...it sounds like a cool song
the guitar looks nice :yesway:

Alpo

Contributor
Reaction score
I kinda like his solo album. It could have been so much better if he'd toned down the ubershred thing a little, and cut a lot of unnecessary parts out of the songs.

What's wrong with his shirt? It's just a black collar shirt. I wear those all the time. Though I never have it that open unless I'm drunk:lol:

David

je t'aime
Contributor
Reaction score
I kinda like his solo album. It could have been so much better if he'd toned down the ubershred thing a little, and cut a lot of unnecessary parts out of the songs.

What's wrong with his shirt? It's just a black collar shirt. I wear those all the time. Though I never have it that open unless I'm drunk:lol:

amen to that.

I love the CD... but there are just some parts where you wtf mate? Such as... after the first chorus in Under The Influence, who, freaking, cares, hahaha.

And then there are other parts that just blow your mind in sound and in abilities, such as the sweeps midway through dark matter.:eek:

Hellbound

€£¥€£¥€£¥€£•
Reaction score
Cool he straps his guitar just as high(if not higher) than I do.lol I still can't get used to having a guitar strapped real low like I see on some players.....that's what I get for practicing sitting down too much.:nuts:

Alpo

Contributor
Reaction score
I have my guitar real high, too. Just feels better.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Prog Height FTW!!!

we call that "prog stance" where i come from.

I like the song (aside from the section at 3:02.). i just cant understand why he made a video of it.

Alpo

Contributor
Reaction score
It's probably some promotion thing with Dean and Diamond Amps.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
i didnt even see the diamond logo. It just looks so plain and boring though, i could get the same effect by listening to the album and looking at the picture on the front.

Alpo

Contributor
Reaction score
You can see at the beginning that it says:

Rusty Cooley
"Under the Influence"
Lion Music
Dean Guitars

So it would make sense that it's some kinda Dean promotion.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
the funny thing is,he didnt use any of the gear in the video on the actual song :lol:

Roundhouse_Kick

Reaction score
Chest rocking :shred:

Cool video, I think though if it is a dean funded thing maybe they should have waited till his actual sig guitar was ready, not just the prototype. I would have loved to see that thing in action.