S Tier Deathcore albums

• Thread starter will_shred
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

will_shred

Wannabe audio engineer
Reaction score
Show me your absoulte top tier deathcore albums. looking for new stuff to listen to. Here's some of mine.

FFAO- The Great Collapse

All Shall Perish- Awaken the Dreamers

Suicide Silence- No Time To Bleed

Winds of Plague- The Great Stone War

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
As Blood Runs Black - Allegiance: It's like if you took All Shall Perish and overproduced it and made it with children, but there are some pretty solid moments and hooks. Worth a listen if you haven't before. Even back then it was pretty generic.

Animosity - Shut It Down: This was Deathcore done right, IMO. Raw and grindy. Bonus points for featuring a young Navene Koperweis.

Job For A Cowboy - Doom: You had to have heard it, but you didn't list it so I am. Really shows that production and nuance makes a song, an album, and pretty much a band.

somethingsomething

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I think Whitechapel is one of the few deathcore bands with songwriting chops that go beyond "hurr durr, breakdowns go brrrrrr." And their more recent stuff is solidly ambitious. Both The Valley and Kin are excellent, beyond just being "good deathcore albums."

Last edited:

makesexnotwar

Reaction score
Here is my short list:

Despised Icon - Day of Mourning
Whitechapel - Whitechapel
All Shall Perish - This Is Where It Ends
Between The Buried And Me - Colors

last one is quite different from others but it's so damn great!

profwoot

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Not really a deathcore guy, but does Veil of Maya - False Idol count? The transitions between death metal verses and boy band pop choruses make me cackle with delight.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Did someone put fucking colors on a deathcore list? Jesus Christ what?

And Max had it right, the two best deathcore albums are Doom-JFAC, and ABRB-Allegiance. First time I heard that squeal in Entombment of a Machine, my life changed, same with the opening riff to In Dying Days.

Honorable mention: Acacia Strain's Dead Walk

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Thy Art is Murder - Hate

Carnifex - Dead in My Arms (I also have been digging their newer Graveside Confessions)

Any FFAA

Acacia Strain - Wormwood

Last edited:

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
Somatic Defilement and The Cleansing. If you want to count Sumeriancore too all them bands' first couple of ablums too. There's just something fun and earnest about The New Reign before BoO got all shreddy.

Last edited:

Grindspine

likes pointy things
Reaction score
The Acacia Strain - Wormwood is pretty much the archetype of deathcore albums for me, although apparently the band disowns that label.

I will probably get some hate for this, but Emmure's Speaker of the Dead, Goodbye to the Gallows, and Felony are solid. Though that band gets a lot of hate too.

Last edited:

Pingu

NOOT NOOT
Reaction score
Frequent back to front listens:

The Contortionist - Exoplanet
Vulvodynia - Psychosadistic Design
Gravemind - The Hateful One
Infant Annihilator - The Elysian Grandeval Galeriarch
Infant Annihilator - The Battle Of Yaldabaoth
Thy Art Is Murder - Infinite Death
Abiotic - Symbiosis

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
I have come back to put in another vote for the somatic defilement, such a filthy album.

I will also note that 99% of death core that's good also has terrible misogynist lyrics that often borderline pop punk/emo incel whineyness.

Wc707

Reaction score
A man of culture, I see.

Yeah, the lyrics weren't the best and/or don't age well. That felt like the shtick at that time, though.
I have come back to put in another vote for the somatic defilement, such a filthy album.

I will also note that 99% of death core that's good also has terrible misogynist lyrics that often borderline pop punk/emo incel whineyness.