Saw the Simpsons Movie today...

Groff

Medicine Chief/RHLC©
Contributor
Reaction score
Saw it at the midnight showing!! Woo! *falls over tired*

My favorite moment (And noone I went with agrees with me)
"Well at least noone's hurt!"
*THUD!!*
"Hiii everybody!"

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

maliciousteve

Contributor
Reaction score
My Sister and Me are going to see it in an hour. I've seen adverts on TV and it made me crack up. I hope the whole film is like it :village:

ibzrg1570

Reaction score
Going to see this in 45 minutes!!! :D

EDIT: Just got back. It was pretty much like any regular episode but very well made. I like it a lot.:yesway:

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
So, it'd be a 5-piece band with only 2 actors (all 5 members of the band are voice acted by 2 people, Brendan Smalls doing Nathan Explosion, Swisgaar, and Pickles, and another guy doing Murderface and Toki)? That doesn't seem like it'd work as a live action... :scratch:

Ever watch Multiplicity? It could work.

the.godfather

Mr. Flibble
Reaction score
Saw it this afternoon, and I really enjoyed it! Maybe it was because I wasn't really expecting much from it, especially in relation to the latest (crappy) episodes they have keep churning out. But this was far, far better. Very funny throughout, and kinda getting back to what 'The Simpsons' was when it was originally aired. I'd have to agree and give it a 7 or so because it wasn't amazing by any means, but a good watch.

I still want a Futurama film though....:yesway:

jaredowty

Reaction score
The first seven seasons of The Simpsons is my favorite TV show ever, and if this movie is as good as people are saying it is, then I need to get tickets ASAP.

Vince

Contributor
Reaction score
I just got around to watching this the other night. Maybe I'm alone on this one, but I found the movie's plot very weird and dark. The government is going to quarantine an entire town then nuke it? And it's supposed to be funny?

I don't know, I guess I missed the humor in that one. Some of the parts with Bart at the beginning of the movie (like the nude skateboarding) were really funny, but the movie tailed off quickly and became pretty sad IMO. I just didn't see it as very funny and found myself nearly falling asleep near the end.

Eh. It's no Family Guy, I guess.

TonalArchitect

Augmented Chords!
Reaction score
Some parts were funny but, as a whole, the movie was a great disappointment. I was expecting it to be much better. I felt as though they had potential, but chose not to go for it.

For me, this movie was the epitome of "all the good stuff in the previews," although I rarely go to movies.