Saw Tool in Pheonix

• Thread starter Aaron
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Aaron

Reaction score
ive never seen a performance that good, but somebody hit maynard with a bottle of water and he quit singing through the pot and 46&2, but the rest was incredible.

Durero

prototyping...
Contributor
Reaction score
Saw them in Vancouver. They were fantastic.
enjoyed the show better that the Lateralus toor, but also saw them on the Undertow toor which was one of the best concerts I've seen in my life.

DelfinoPie

Whoopsie Daisy!
Contributor
Reaction score
Aaron said:
but somebody hit maynard with a bottle of water and he quit singing through the pot and 46&2, but the rest was incredible.

FFS I hate when people do that...even to artists I don't like, its so disrespectful to them. I bet if you asked those people why they did it, in retrospect they would be thinking "Jeez, you're right -- I'm a fucking knob."

Glad to hear you had a good time bro, I'm seeing them in Cardiff on November 30th. They're my favourite band and its the first time I've seen them live :).

Dormant

Wanker
Reaction score
DelfinoPie said:
FFS I hate when people do that...even to artists I don't like, its so disrespectful to them. I bet if you asked those people why they did it, in retrospect they would be thinking "Jeez, you're right -- I'm a fucking knob."

Glad to hear you had a good time bro, I'm seeing them in Cardiff on November 30th. They're my favourite band and its the first time I've seen them live :).

Just for reference Martin, it's Nob not Knob when used as a derogatory remark. Knob refers to 'knob' of butter. :lol: ;)

I saw Tool this year. Dissapointed. That's all I can be bothered to say.

DelfinoPie

Whoopsie Daisy!
Contributor
Reaction score
Dormant said:
Just for reference Martin, it's Nob not Knob when used as a derogatory remark. Knob refers to 'knob' of butter. :lol: ;)

Pff, you say 'tomato' I say 'potato' :fawk: lol

:)

keithb

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Dormant said:

You're going to correct that but let 'seen Tool' slide? :scratch:

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I've been kinda ignoring this thread for a while due to the title, but I finally broke down and flexed my grammatical might at it.

I feel better.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Dormant said:
I beg to differ (and so does the Oxford American Dictionary):

knob |n?b| noun a rounded lump or ball, esp. at the end or on the surface of something. • a handle on a door or drawer shaped like a ball. • a rounded button for adjusting or controlling a machine. • a small lump of a substance : add a knob of butter or margarine. • a prominent round hill. • (vulgar slang) a penis.

nob 1 |n?b| noun Brit., informal a person of wealth or high social position.

Aaron

Reaction score
Drew said:
I've been kinda ignoring this thread for a while due to the title, but I finally broke down and flexed my grammatical might at it.

I feel better.

sorry for my horrible grammer

Dormant

Wanker
Reaction score
keithb said:
You're going to correct that but let 'seen Tool' slide? :scratch:

Seeing as Darren already mentioned it I didn't see any point in reinforcing it. :) (Oh and I was also generally just taking the piss but nevermind ...)

Darren said:
I beg to differ (and so does the Oxford American Dictionary):

knob |n?b| noun a rounded lump or ball, esp. at the end or on the surface of something. • a handle on a door or drawer shaped like a ball. • a rounded button for adjusting or controlling a machine. • a small lump of a substance : add a knob of butter or margarine. • a prominent round hill. • (vulgar slang) a penis.

nob 1 |n?b| noun Brit., informal a person of wealth or high social position.

:lol: Cheers Darren!

Hmmm ... Interesting. I would point out that the British description is actually incorrect in modern day usage. It's grown to encompass idiot's, prat's etc. Wealth has very little to do with the term. Reference - this girl is a nob:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9ZSpmBnd-Ec

But hey, what can you expect from the Oxford American Dictionary? :lol: (Do they even know that Oxford is in England? :lol: Yes I know I'm being facile before anyone mentions the fallacy and irrelevance of what I have just said).

Additionally, I would be interested to know if American's actually use the term 'knob' in an insulting slang format? :scratch: As far as I was aware they didn't (Please correct me if I'm wrong).

Aaron said:
sorry for my horrible grammer

And because I am am a complete wanker - grammar ;)

Azyiu

Triad Hitman
Reaction score
We have a ton of grammer police here, but no one noticed the obvious... it's PHOENIX!!! :wallbash:

DelfinoPie

Whoopsie Daisy!
Contributor
Reaction score
Dormant said:
Hmmm ... Interesting. I would point out that the British description is actually incorrect in modern day usage. It's grown to encompass idiot's, prat's etc. Wealth has very little to do with the term. Reference - this girl is a nob:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9ZSpmBnd-Ec

Ok we've completely arsed all over this thread with pedanticity (if thats even a word) and we've strayed into irrelevance and elephants.

That girl in that video is not only a knob/nob, but also a bell end, a peenarse and a jam rag. Ah colloquialisms are fun. She also reminded me of a tutor on my old course at University, the tutor who in my eyes had a questionable PhD as she was thick as a plank and teaching out of a book (that she didn't write) for the entire year.

Anyway, WHOOO TOOL!

What was the setlist?

b3n

...Is unacceptable.
Contributor
Reaction score
Dormant said:

I thought it was awesome. Maybe i'm easily impressed :ugh:

Latest posts