SBMM JP70 vs Ibanez Prestige 1527?

7stringDemon

Reaction score
JP70's are pretty nice. Good comfy neck, decent pickups, decent build, etc.

But an RG1527 is twice the beast that the JP70 is. Useable pickups, outstanding neck, INSANELY good bridge, and is Japanese made.

You need to get over your phobia of used guitars. For every 10 duds on the used market, there's 100 great deals that usually just need a cleanup and a setup.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

progman

Reaction score
JP70's are pretty nice. Good comfy neck, decent pickups, decent build, etc.

But an RG1527 is twice the beast that the JP70 is. Useable pickups, outstanding neck, INSANELY good bridge, and is Japanese made.

You need to get over your phobia of used guitars. For every 10 duds on the used market, there's 100 great deals that usually just need a cleanup and a setup.

Yea, I keep going back and forth between these two. The green jp is backordered at GC until mid February, so am still undecided. If could get a good deal on a 1527 in very good condition, I may go for it. I hate the blue color of most of these 1527s though.

7stringDemon

Reaction score
Have you seem Royal Blue in person? It is WAY different from any picture I have ever seen online.

Latest posts