Schaller Floyd issue..

• Thread starter Metalguy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Metalguy

Reaction score
I've got a guitar with a Schaller Floyd, great and stable bridge, but the trem arm, regardless of how tightly it's screwed on, wobbles in the threaded socket. It drives me nuts, as I can't park the arm or do flutter type stuff.

I have no way to verify if it's the stock arm setup, but I need to
sort it out. Any help? Ideas?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
I've got a guitar with a Schaller Floyd, great and stable bridge, but the trem arm, regardless of how tightly it's screwed on, wobbles in the threaded socket. It drives me nuts, as I can't park the arm or do flutter type stuff.

I have no way to verify if it's the stock arm setup, but I need to
sort it out. Any help? Ideas?

Well, that Schaller Floyd and OFR have the same arm assembly, but they can get worn out over time.

You have a couple of options. Replace the arm assembly with a new one, or I've heard of people wrapping the end of the bar in some form of tape to make it a tighter fit in the socket.

georg_f

Reaction score
you can also paint one layer of clear nail polish on the part of the arms that goes into the socket

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
Teflon tape will tighten it up but it has to be redone every time you remove the bar. It's easier to just buy the whole assembly. They only run about $15. Just make sure it's German made.

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I'd definitely rather get a new assembly.

I've definitely noticed new arms not fitting as snugly as older ones (pre 2006ish). Stew Mac and tons of other places sell the arm assembly though. Might as well give it a shot!

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
I put a new Schaller assembly on my ltd alexi's Korean Floyd not too long ago and it's snug.

Metalguy

Reaction score
Well I did some research, and based on pics it appears that my arm is missing the entire insert sleeve. Anyone know if I can just get that part?