Schecter Banshee discontinue.

• Thread starter guigan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shask

Reaction score
I really don't get all the hatred for the so called McMaple yellow. Maybe I'm just to used to most guitars having a maple fretboard with a yellow tint and not being that white, that it doesn't bother me. I actually was a bit off put by the whiteness of the JL-7 fretboard.
Anyway that sunset with the color scheme it has on the body, it matches really well with the yellow tint on the maple neck. So harmony, symmetry and all that jazz.

I think it depends on what it is paired with. It looked funny with the redish Loomis guitars.

I have a Black Charvel So-Cal, and the yellowish color looks OK with it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shask

Reaction score
From their site, it appears there is a C-7 and a C-8 Deluxe, at 26.5" and 28" respectively. BUT they're sub $350 instruments so quality will probably be a little shoddy.

They are also archtop guitars with no forearm contour and a TOM bridge........ unacceptable! :scream:

guigan

Reaction score
Love the cutaway in banshee. Really want to get one, but my C1 FR has not failed me. Maybe I should get one before it's gone. But then, I just got myself a blackjack atx solo II. ARGHHH...

ToneLab

Bedroom Playa
Reaction score
I had one and loved it. Sold it because I am in a loathing of EMGs phase. Will be curious to see what the replacement is.

Spicypickles

Sweeps & Mops
Reaction score
I really don't get all the hatred for the so called McMaple yellow. Maybe I'm just to used to most guitars having a maple fretboard with a yellow tint and not being that white, that it doesn't bother me. I actually was a bit off put by the whiteness of the JL-7 fretboard.
Anyway that sunset with the color scheme it has on the body, it matches really well with the yellow tint on the maple neck. So harmony, symmetry and all that jazz.

I highly doubt its just me, but I've always equated the really yellow maple tint with "vintage" guitars. Like the 50-60's strats and what not that tinted over time due to the nitro. Modern guitars with vintage appointments throw me off.

Boojakki

Reaction score
2a5gh39.jpg

I love mine and would have buyed another one in time, but oh well... So many other nice guitars around... :)

Mattykoda

Reaction score
Yes sir. The banshee elites are still being made from what we know but those could be dropping off soon as well.

As posted by Zado
Immagine.jpg

Also Boojakie I got the same one!

ThePIGI King

Jiu Jitsu Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is this true? Are they really going to discontinue the Banshee series?

Si Senior. They have already taken it off of their site and put it into the vault. The Banshee Elite line is still going, they're even adding new colour option. But if you wanted/want a regular Banshee, better grab any you find quick, funds permitting.

GuitarFactoryDylan

Reaction score
The banshee series left me a little confused, I thought they were awesome - but then they really never sold that well at all. I think maybe the price put some people off who perceive bolt-on guitars to be cheaper or inferior. Wish it hadn't gone that way.

CRaul87

Reaction score
I am SO SO GLAD I bought my Banshee and it was an impulse buy as well!
Best guitar I played! It's just good! very very good!

Zado

Reaction score
There are stil quite a few around, so it's not something that suicide inducing:agreed:

Curious to see the official Sunset model tho.

oc616

Control Deck Wins
Reaction score
I think it was down to poor sales, at least here in the UK. Only a couple of 6 variations and a 7 were stocked by retailers ONLINE, and I personally never saw one in a store (not many new Schecters seem to be stocked by most either). They went straight to "phone up for delivery" on GAK/Andertons shortly after they came out.

Owning a 2014 Schecter Blackjack ATX C8, I'd compare the 2 visually and say I feel no appeal towards the Banshee's aesthetically. They look like Schecter's cheaper lines (Damien, Demon etc) with a maple top and a hefty price tag.

CRaul87

Reaction score
"We have expanded the BANSHEE ELITE Series ... and we DO plan to revise and re-release the Banshee in 2017"