Schecter Damien Platinum 7 Neck-Through

• Thread starter guitarguru83
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

guitarguru83

Reaction score
First the specs:
- Construction: Set Neck with Ultra Access
- Body: Mahogany
- Neck: 3-pc Maple
- Finger Board: Rosewood
- Frets: 24X Jumbo
- Inlay: Platinum Bats
- Bindings: Platinum Multi-Ply
- Tuners: Grover
- Pickups: EMG Active 81-7/85-7
- Electronics: Volume/Tone/3-Way
- Bridge: TonePros TOM System
- Scale: 26.5 inches
- Hardware: Satin Chrome

So after asking everyone what I should get, I decided with this (thank you for everyones inout)

Sorry for crappy pics, but this guitar is incredible.

The guitar came set up perfectly and was basically in tune. I couldnt find a scratch or mark on it. My only complaint was it didnt come with the wrench to adjust the TonePros bridge, it came with allan wrenchs for a Floyd Rose (which of course this doesnt have)

Pickups: It comes stock with an EMG 81-7 and an 85-7. These sound good for metal. Ill be the first to admit i dont love active pickups and i might swap these out, but thats just my preference, i certainly dont hate them.

Neck: I was a little apprehensive at first about getting a Schecter because so many people complain about 'baseball bat' necks. Well this neck is INCREDIBLE! Its a little thicker and wider than the Ibanez Iron Label 7 but not by much. The neck felt great and only took 15-20 minutes to get used to. The back of the neck is great, its painted but its like a satin-matte finish, it feels like its almost unfinished. Theres nothing to slow down your hand when tearing up or down. The Grover tuners do well enough, they dont hold tune as well as i might like and i wish they were locking. Comes with a black Tusq nut that seems pretty great.

Body: The body is light and comfortable, it sits well and hangs well when standing up. The neck-through is really well done and you have full access to the 24th fret. The bridge is awesome and the extra inch on the neck seems to make the guitar a little less muddy on the low B than the Ibanez.

I can not stress how well made this guitar is, and how great it feels to play. I have smaller hands and there's no hand fatigue and it took no time at all to adjust.

Hit me with any questions and ill answer them....

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    421.7 KB · Views: 2
  • image_1.jpeg
    image_1.jpeg
    705.5 KB · Views: 2
  • image_2.jpeg
    image_2.jpeg
    821.1 KB · Views: 3
  • image_3.jpeg
    image_3.jpeg
    424.3 KB · Views: 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

guitarguru83

Reaction score
guitarguru83-albums-scecter-7-picture8362-image-4.html

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/members/guitarguru83-albums-scecter-7-picture8361t-image-1.jpeg
http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/members/guitarguru83-albums-scecter-7-picture8360t-image-2.jpeg

BaDaML

Reaction score
Sounds like another Schecter fan :) I had one way back in the day when they were considered very well made, and have owned quite a few brands.

The last few years I have been pretty much an Ibanez player. I came across a deal on a Schecter, and figured it would be good to have as a backup.

Long story made shorter :), I am selling the Ibanez and keeping the Schecter. It seems to bring out the best of me, creatively and technically.

guitarguru83

Reaction score
Definitely dude, I loved the iron label 7 but I personally think this is a better made instrument and its a hundred bucks less! The bat inlays are a little cheesy or super cool depending on your view (I think they're a lil of both)