Schecter Diamond Demon 7 FR or else?

nasenaffe

Reaction score
Hey Guys!
As this is my first post right here: Hi :hbang:

Finally I got enough money to buy a decent guitar - only got a Harley Benton HBL200 and a Stagg Strat...even if the Stagg isn't bad though I need something for my other needs!

I stumbled across the Schecter Diamond 7 FR StringSite.com » Guitar & Bass » Guitars » Electric » SCHECTER Demon 7 FR Satin Black
(posted this link because I only know "my" german pages for this git)

Is this a good one? It looks good and the specs too, though I don't really know if i need the Vibrato, but i guess it is better to have a vibrato, then missing it afterwards.
I need a 7 string that has good playability so that I can play fast riffs and solo as i get better. (My goal is to study music!)
The scale is really big, what advantages and disadvantages does that have for me?

Should I get this one or better pick another one?

Greets, Nasenaffe:shred:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RiffRaff

Reaction score
Hey there and welcome :wavey:

A longer scale means that there is greater string tension so it will probably help if you like to down-tune your guitar.

I really like Schecter but I've only played the hellraiser and the Loomis models (they are both fantastic imo) but I know that some people on this board think some of the other 7's they make aren't that great.

If I were you I'd save my money and get either a Hellraiser with a original Floyd Rose Trem (These are the "Ducks guts" of trems) or a Loomis Model. You'll get way better pickups as well. That's if you want to go with Schecter, They're are many other great Seven stringers out there especially from a company called Agile and also Ibanez. Have a look around I'm sure you'll find plenty of threads about these brands :lol:

Hope that helps :)

Xtremevillan

im leaving ss.org
Contributor
Reaction score
Price: 3.695,00 DKK
Before: 4.595,00 DKK

I'm going to assume that's around like 300-500 dollars.

For such a price, mate, if you're going to want a solid guitar that will last you a lifetime, consider getting the Agile Interceptor 27" or if you are not comfortable with huge scales, 25.5" (standard). 25.5" packs EMG's and a licenced tremolo (so if you're like me and you don't use it, this won't bust your bank) and is very affordable!

nasenaffe

Reaction score
The Demon is 469,00 €

And the C-7 (regular one) is about 100 bucks more...If this is a guitar that is REALLY good then id say okay...

The problem with the agile is...i never heard of it and i can't find any shop for it here in germany!

Its harder to play chords on guitars with longer scales right?

Xtremevillan

im leaving ss.org
Contributor
Reaction score
Not really, I'm only 5 foot 6 (or 7) inches and I found a 26.5 inch pretty comfortable, if a bit big. And if it's you're gonna be playing this for a long time but don't see an Agile in the future, you might as well get a C-7 or a Loomis.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Agiles are great for the money. they're only sold through rondomusic.com, which is why you havent seen them around. they ship to europe and stuff, though. great service.

nasenaffe

Reaction score
D

Desecrated

The shipment to germany from rondo is about 76 dollars.
Both the c7 and the demon are nice guitars, the ibanez rg7620 is a guitar that you sometime can find cheap.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Hm...any other recommends? How bout Ibanez? Or is the C-7 and the Agile the best i can get for the money?

The biggest turn off for me on ibanez is how much they cost as opposed to what you get. For your dollar, you get more guitar going elsewhere, but if you HAVE to have an ibanez, go for it. I'd recommend looking into other guitars, at least for new guitars.

nasenaffe

Reaction score
The biggest turn off for me on ibanez is how much they cost as opposed to what you get. For your dollar, you get more guitar going elsewhere, but if you HAVE to have an ibanez, go for it. I'd recommend looking into other guitars, at least for new guitars.

That's why I looked at the schecter ones ;)
The c-7 seems to have a quite comfortable neck and good material...if there are no better recommends for me ill save my money and get this one - and then get famous ^^

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Agiles are good, their profile apparently (I have not played one) are similar to Schecter's C7's.

The C7s are cool guitars. i love my C7 Hellraiser.