EVH Iconic EL34

• Thread starter mohi29
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
Lots of features for the price range, probably sounds good. I prefer my EL34 5153S over the 6L6, but I doubt that gives me much insight into this one.

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
TBH I hate when companies do this, but it makes sense based on their other offerings with 6L6/EL-34 variants. They could just as easily put a switch that allows you to use either type of power tube, they just want you to buy one and then think, "I wonder how different it sounds with ___ tubes?" And the only way to find out is buying that version. Dumb.

That said, I bet it sounds killer. Love my Iconic 40. I use it more than any other amp I own.

Reaction score
shaking-head-what.gif

MetalDaze

Repless in Seattle
Reaction score
The 100 watt EL34 5153s is my favorite of all of the 5150s and variants but I don't really think this product needs to exist lol
I love my 100W Stealth, so I won't buy one either. But, I like that they came out with the lower priced Iconics for those on a budget. And now you can also choose your power section which is cool.