Schecter KM-7 (Keith Merrow) Signature Thread

• Thread starter MikeH
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

itll_be_ok

Reaction score
From Keith's facebook

73413247_2889117401116940_7577705547311349760_o.jpg

74177976_2889117444450269_2097784661567602688_o.jpg

Zado

Reaction score
^Not a guitar that I'd personally purchase as it's far from the genre I play, but it's the first "modern metal guitar" in a while that fills me with a Wow factor.

Yul Brynner

Custom title
Reaction score
Is it just me or does that have the regular hipshot and not the ibanez hipshot? Also is it just me or do those pickups have double slugs and no screws? That thing is sexy af tho.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Is it just me or does that have the regular hipshot and not the ibanez hipshot? Also is it just me or do those pickups have double slugs and no screws? That thing is sexy af tho.

The hipshot does look like a standard one. And the guitar does have active pickups. There's a battery cover on the back. Curious to see if it's a new set of Merrow pickups.

Alexlopez

Reaction score
The hipshot does look like a standard one. And the guitar does have active pickups. There's a battery cover on the back. Curious to see if it's a new set of Merrow pickups.

it looks to be his fishman set. But with white bobbins.
Im curious why the switch to the regular Hipshot vs the Ibby high mass.
Also looks to have schecter branded tuners. This guitar is probably gonna replace the KM7 MKII, As a cheaper alternative to the blue and black KM7s...
I hope that’s the case. And that it’s made of mahogany lol

Siggevaio

Reaction score
Man, that's clean! Unfortunately, QC seems to be 50/50 on these guitars so I wouldn't buy one if I couldn't try one before opening my wallet. 100% return policy works as well though. :)

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
it looks to be his fishman set. But with white bobbins.
Im curious why the switch to the regular Hipshot vs the Ibby high mass.
Also looks to have schecter branded tuners. This guitar is probably gonna replace the KM7 MKII, As a cheaper alternative to the blue and black KM7s...
I hope that’s the case. And that it’s made of mahogany lol

The Keith Merrow Fishmans have screws, not all slugs. Must either be a new set or an alteration to his current set. Also it's called the KM7 hybrid, so it's probably why they're calling it that. Combining specs of the previous 3 incarnations into one guitar.

NotQuiteWes

Reaction score
Why would it have the Ibanez hipshot?

Because that's what the MK-III Artist models have. It's a style of bridge. I think it's Hipshot's version of a Gibraltar bridge (commonly used on Ibanez guitars).

Last edited:

Masoo2

Reaction score
It's been a while since I've kept up with the production MKIIIs, how have they been overall?

I remember in the beginning it seemed like lemon after lemon that people kept returning, but was that simply SSO being SSO or were the guitars actually mediocre?

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
I got to try a KM7 MKIII Pro today. I loved the feel of the wenge neck but the fit/finish was pretty janky for the price point. Granted it was used so I don't know if some of the scratches/bruises were from the original owner, but the edge of the fretboard had some visible tool marks and there was a bunch of paint bleed visible on the edge of the body. The merrow pickups were pretty damn good though.