Scorched Quadrant Scar Symmetry solo tabs

bassisace

Reaction score
I tried the fingering of @Bakerman and bar 4 is just weird to play. The sequence of slides in the last run feels weird and I don't hear chromatic notes when listening to the recording at 0.25x speed, but I do hear the triplets.

Too bad Per won't release official tabs😢😂

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bassisace

Reaction score
@Bakerman I also think that the legato part between frets 9 and 14 in @HungryGuitarStudent 's transcription in the tapping run is correct on strings 1 and 2, no slide between the last two notes of bar 2.

It actually makes more sense when you play it to tempo.

Bakerman

Reaction score
I had also considered this for meas. 3-4. It's tough to keep the last E non-staccato without sliding up out of it, but maybe there's a new take spliced in around there.

scarsymmend.png

bassisace

Reaction score
I had also considered this for meas. 3-4. It's tough to keep the last E non-staccato without sliding up out of it, but maybe there's a new take spliced in around there.

View attachment 125360
My guess would be that’s not how Per plays it.

I can play the tabs from @HungryGuitarStudent at 80% tempo. I can’t go faster because I suck 😂 not because of the tabs fingering.

I can’t for yours. Your fingering just isn’t natural.

Bakerman

Reaction score
Here's the solo and next background lead/solo sections.

Attachments

• Scar Symmetry - Scorched Quadrant solo.pdf
    48.9 KB · Views: 8

HungryGuitarStudent

Reaction score
Here's the solo and next background lead/solo sections.
Thanks for the tabs! As mentioned before, not sure I agree with some of the fingerings and note choices, but if people can play it at tempo then great :) More than one way to play lines, which is what makes guitar so fun