Scored a Mesa Vertical 2X12 for cheap tonight to pair with my mark IV

• Thread starter kmanick
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
guy is moving and gave it to me for "pre covid" cost :)
even came with a brand new cover. Sounds quite different than the Friedman 2X12 I've been using. the Friedman is much fuller and darker sounding
but the Mesa really fills the room much more. going to pair them together tomorrowIMG_5323.jpgIMG_5324.jpg and see how it sounds :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Grindspine

likes pointy things
Reaction score
Congrats! I have been keeping an eye for a Mesa 2x12 vertical. The smaller footprint and side handles make them a bit more practical than the 2x12 horizontal too.

Marked Man

Reaction score
Nice! I’m guessing since it doesn’t have the wire grill it’s got C90s?

Probably V30s.

In my opinion, the ultimate Mark tones come from the combo of a C90 up top and EVM12L on bottom in the old school halfback cabs, like this little monster of mine. It actually has TWO EVMs from the previous owner, which is probably overkill for most unless you always play at mega volume.

But any Mesa cab rocks. I'd at least do 2 x C90 or similar in the OP's.

VUC - 1.jpg

Last edited:

Grindspine

likes pointy things
Reaction score
Probably V30s.

In my opinion, the ultimate Mark tones come from the combo of a C90 up top and EVM12L on bottom in the old school halfback cabs, like this little monster of mine. It actually has TWO EVMs from the previous owner, which is probably overkill for most unless you always play at mega volume.

But any Mesa cab rocks. I'd at least do 2 x C90 or similar in the OP's.
I love the combo of C90 and V30 in my Road King 2x12. I have never had the luck of playing through an EVM12 in a Mesa cab though.

Mesa 2x12s are just right.