Scott Ian with EVH amps plus the 1" punch

• Thread starter feraledge
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
I've got a huge soft spot for Scott. 'Among the Living' was a formative album for me and still in my thrash metal all time top five. I also absolutely love my EVH 5150, so I get all this love.

That said...
It's kind of hilarious to see him use the exact same description of his own signature Randall Nullifier amp on a rig rundown a month prior (go to minute 4):

I get it. He's not necessarily being inaccurate and I believe that the EVH 5150 could be closer to the tone you want than the tone you have, even when working with Randall on it (though maybe it all comes down to Fortin??). It's just kind of funny to me.
That aside, he has some of the best custom Jacksons in the game. And he actually pays attention to his own guitars enough to be able to say interesting details about them in rig rundowns even if this is a shorter one.
Much respect, but also kind of hilarious too.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
Just to reiterate. I think he's being absolutely genuine about his thoughts on Eddie, etc and his love for this amp. I haven't played an amp that I'm more in love with than my 50 watt 5150.
RE: his Jackons. Seriously. This thread and every other, the best KV to date:
5eade4fda6d6dc100d622d54820e1639.jpg

Blytheryn

Musical Adam West
Reaction score
There's also that EVH is still delivering amps while Randall seems to be crashing and burning...

Also the EVH Stealth EL34 is a freaking BEAST of an amp.

Haven't played the EL34 version, but as the proud owner of a 6L6 one, I can totally agree. Insane amp. It's like all the knobs are varying stages of "WIN"

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I'm not surprised if Worship Music was actually recorded with an EVH. That album sounded a lot different than his Randall sig heads at the time.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I think that's pretty much what he was hinting at.

Oh I know. I think he outright said that the 1st-generation EVH was all over the album. I mean someone can say whatever they want since there isn't much info to back it up, but it indeed sounded a lot like the 5153. Sounded too crunchy to be his Randall.

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
Is fortin still building. I know he's really popular on another forum but I never see his stuff for sale used.

Aso

Single Hum Zealot
Reaction score
Is fortin still building. I know he's really popular on another forum but I never see his stuff for sale used.
Yep. He is still building his own line of amps. Pricey and wait-listed though.

Yes, he is still building and yes there is a wait list. I ordered a Fortin Bones in January and he said there was a three month wait before it would be started. The amp is supposed to be done this month but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't

he has some of the best custom Jacksons in the game.
I agree Scott has good taste in Jackson. That silver-burst King V is awesome. I had to order a similar one for my single hum pointy guitar addiction.

wakjob

Reaction score
Scott's right... punchiest amp I've EVER played.
And I wasn't playing it loud at all. Fun.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Cool stuff, but Randall is dead? Anyone got a thread to read about this at? This is kinda interesting.