Searching for an amp (£800)

Demonsev7en

SS's Main-Midlander!
Reaction score
Alright guys!

So after my Bugera finally kicked the bucket a few months ago, I've been gigging with my friends Hayden Peacemaker, not a bad head! But now it's time for me to find my own head.

I have a cab, so that's not an issue, my budget is AROUND £800-850 INCLUDING shipping etc.

I primarily gig in a punk band, the tones I require are:
A crunchy general purpose rhythm tone, enough gain for single note riffing.
A second channel with a bit more gain and balls that I can kick on for choruses etc.

A clean channel would be cool, but I don't really NEED one and if it breaks up quickly in comparison to the other two channels, that's fine, I don't like crystal clean at all.

The amps I've considered ARE:
Carvin V3M
Orange TH30H

And I am open to any other suggestions!

(NOT going second hand, got bumped by a guy shortly after my Bugera died and my bank STILL haven't resolved the £400 issue, so I'd rather go with new and warranty!)

Thanks dudes!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

VBCheeseGrater

not quite a shredder
Reaction score
Alright guys!
A crunchy general purpose rhythm tone, enough gain for single note riffing.
A second channel with a bit more gain and balls that I can kick on for choruses etc.

A clean channel would be cool, but I don't really NEED one and if it breaks up quickly in comparison to the other two channels, that's fine, I don't like crystal clean at all.

I'll preface this saying i just picked one of these up so i'm biased, but's it's been a great amp to me now and previously

B52 ATX100 - has two footswitchable high gain channels with independent volumes, so it's perfect for your chorus boost requirement and enough gain. The clean channel does stay clean even up loud though, so that might not be your thing.

They've been out for awhile now, all the kinks have been worked out with the new model, and B-52 is supposedly easy to work with - i've never had to myself. Lots of amp for the price.

Demonsev7en

SS's Main-Midlander!
Reaction score
I just checked out the amp, looks good..

But.

England doesn't have B52 dealers. There USED to be one in the nearest city to me, but they stopped stocking them at least 18 months ago :/

VBCheeseGrater

not quite a shredder
Reaction score
^^ yeah they are not all over the place here anymore either. I didn't even know they still had a tube amp out until i saw it online. The older AT100s were a bit more available when they were out. Good luck!

Demonsev7en

SS's Main-Midlander!
Reaction score
The Laney is looking like a strong contender..

Can the EVH do like, not metal too?