Semantics over gear condition

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
Perfect example...
I just sold a guitar last week without pickups. All pictures showed pickups in the guitar obviously because they were removed before shipping. I clearly stated in the description though that the guitar would be shipping without ANY pickups unless they wanted to make an offer for them to be left in. One guy tried to lowball me (like 60% of asking price). Another guy the day after though actually bought it though and at 90% of asking price.

Basically, list it however you want just make sure you're listing the condition based upon physical damage (ignore temporary mods like pickups, wiring setup, etc but put those in the description). If you're smart, you're listing it for what it's worth plus a little haggle room. Some people will try to take advantage of it as mentioned earlier in this thread but they can go buy someone else's guitar. If you're not impatient, the right buyer will come along. This makes the third sale in the past 6 months where I benefited from declining offers from lowballers.

Latest posts