Semi-scalloped superstrat for a friend

• Thread starter immortalx
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jahosy

Reaction score
That's bloody impressive mate!!! Do you have photos of your other works??

immortalx

Reaction score

dcoughlin1

Reaction score
Too gorgeous
tumblr_inline_mon3swEkz21qz4rgp.gif

immortalx

Reaction score
That must be a really thick cover. my 7 has a recessed spring cover and it's only and 1 1/2 inches.
The cover is about 4mm but i guess it depends on how deep the floyd is positioned into the body and by the size of the trem block itself. The one that came with my unit is a bit long and with a body thickness of 2" it just has about 1mm of clearance from the cover!

muffinbutton

knows the muffin man
Reaction score
mine is only 2mm (i just measured) so I guess they must be different block sizes or something. I don't keep the plate on anyway.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Dude holy sh*t! That looks absolutely amazing! Did you do the natural binding on the top using a razor or scraper after you hit it with stain? Everything looks so clean!

Also, any reason to put the side dot markers on the border of the fretboard and neck wood? Just a convenient straight line?

immortalx

Reaction score
Dude holy sh*t! That looks absolutely amazing! Did you do the natural binding on the top using a razor or scraper after you hit it with stain? Everything looks so clean!

Also, any reason to put the side dot markers on the border of the fretboard and neck wood? Just a convenient straight line?
Thanks man! I used a razor blade after staining the top, but the stain was sucked very deep into the wood and it didn't came out so clean.
And you got it right for the side dots, just a convenient straight line :D

pondman

Build Whore.
Contributor
Reaction score
Amazing work ! and that color :yesway:

TheBloodstained

Casual music enthusiast
Reaction score
...am I the only one who wants to see and hear this in action? :)

I can haZ videoZ pleaZe? :lol: