Send a group channel audio to an audio track in cubase

• Thread starter MetalHeartGR
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MetalHeartGR

Reaction score
I want to send a group track audio to an audio track but the group channel doesn't appear in the available inputs of the audio track. Any help?

My DAW is Cubase 7 AI, in case it may be a restriction...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Clocks

Reaction score
You would need to send the group channel to another group channel, you won't be able to run the output of the group channel into a regular channel.

Alternatively, you could bounce down the audio of the group channel and then load that onto it's separate channel, (didn't watch the video if that was explaining it my bad)

Great Satan

Hell-o
Reaction score
You can record from a group/fx channel in cubase if you goto the channel's input/output setting & change input from 'stereo in' to whatever the channel's name is.

This only works on a stereo track, if your group channels are in stereo then a mono track won't have the option.

MetalHeartGR

Reaction score
You would need to send the group channel to another group channel, you won't be able to run the output of the group channel into a regular channel.

Alternatively, you could bounce down the audio of the group channel and then load that onto it's separate channel, (didn't watch the video if that was explaining it my bad)

Gonna try the bounce method tomorrow.

You can record from a group/fx channel in cubase if you goto the channel's input/output setting & change input from 'stereo in' to whatever the channel's name is.

This only works on a stereo track, if your group channels are in stereo then a mono track won't have the option.
The only inputs I see are Stereo In, Mono In, Mono In 2. No group track input at all. I used a stereo
track.

iceythe

SS.org Irregular
Reaction score
Only full and artist versions support recording from buses. Sounds like you need to bounce and import.

TheDrumEquation

Reaction score
I want to send a group track audio to an audio track but the group channel doesn't appear in the available inputs of the audio track. Any help?

My DAW is Cubase 7 AI, in case it may be a restriction...

Agreed, easiest way would be to send it to another group or fx channel.