Seriously is there no gun thread?

• Thread starter m107a1
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

downburst82

Reaction score
Lemme start:

The Barrett:
316m35v.jpg

With the can:
maw7lx.jpg

General ButtNaked is kindof a badass...
rc28pe.jpg

quote-so-before-leading-my-troops-into-battle-we-would-get-drunk-and-drugged-up-sacrifice-general-butt-naked-68-98-26.jpg

FNH SCAR Heavy
6r4kth.jpg

Getting drunk and shooting propane tanks at night with the 50 on the 4th of July:
View My Video

LWRC M6A2PSD with AAC Ranger2 Can...FNX45 in the background
spwt90.jpg

Kind of a badass??

He literally murdered innocent people including many children.....why would you even include that??

Here is another badass quote from him for you

"Sometimes I would enter under the water where children were playing. I would dive under the water, grab one, carry him under and break his neck. Sometimes I'd cause accidents. Sometimes I'd just slaughter them."

You have some nice stuff there though so I guess have fun getting drunk and playing with your weapons.

m107a1

Reaction score
Kind of a badass??

He literally murdered innocent people including many children.....why would you even include that??

Here is another badass quote from him for you

"Sometimes I would enter under the water where children were playing. I would dive under the water, grab one, carry him under and break his neck. Sometimes I'd cause accidents. Sometimes I'd just slaughter them."

You have some nice stuff there though so I guess have fun getting drunk and playing with your weapons.
Wut I can't troll my own threads? :lol:

downburst82

Reaction score
I just figure since you asked why no gun thread...?

I would say "trolling" like that may be the reason??

russmuller

Cramblin'
Reaction score
I was actually thinking of posting a thread like this earlier in the week. I'm no gun fanatic, but I've been shooting once or twice. I may pick up something for home defense at some point.

endmysuffering

I'm serious
Reaction score
I thought I was edgy, this is something else. Not knocking the point of the thread just the romanticism of general buttnaked even though I know it's a troll, sick sick man.

AngstRiddenDreams

Filthy Casual
Reaction score
Never much of a gun collector myself but I grew up around my grandpa who was an avid collector that reloaded his own ammo. This thread is welcome. I'm pretty far left/liberal but I will never understand the argument against guns. Though this thread isn't necessarily about discourse.

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
I started a similar thread a while back and it was closed shortly after. So no reason for me to try to post about my guns on this forum.

I don't understand the Gen Butt Naked thing but seems like enough reason for this particular thread to be closed... dunno.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
I think there's very little gun conversation on here for a number of reasons, some of which are IMO good reasons.

- It's a guitar forum, not a gun forum.
- Those threads usually devolve into heated debates that don't go anywhere.
- Lots of people, including some on this forum, including myself usually, think it's not a great idea to romanticize weapons. To a point, anyway. I get that guns are "cool", in the video-game-y action-movie-y kind of way, but when it gets to the level of fetishising real-world violence (or something very close to it), that stops being cool is my books.

:2c:

I'm not going to make any real gun-related arguments here outside of what I've said already, but in terms of answering why there's very little gun content here... it's because lots of people don't like guns, and it's not worth the argument on a guitar forum. I'm sure there are other places on the internet that such content would receive a much warmer reception.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I'm sure there are other places on the internet that such content would receive a much warmer reception.

As warm as the sparks after the firing pin strikes the back of that tiny, metal casing

mlp187

Burrito Master
Contributor
Reaction score
I love guns, but dislike you op. Getting drunk and then shooting (your description of events)? Stupid.

Science_Penguin

Reaction score
For my family, guns have always been a device we keep around for protection. Not really a hobby.

...But, I'm not gonna try to put myself on a pedestal here- I'll fully admit the only reason I'm interested in owning a Taurus Judge, of all the handguns I could possibly get, is cause it's the closest real-world approximation to the Blade Runner pistol.

Gotta be prepared for that android uprising, right?

KnightBrolaire

Say yes to Chugs
Reaction score
For my family, guns have always been a device we keep around for protection. Not really a hobby.

...But, I'm not gonna try to put myself on a pedestal here- I'll fully admit the only reason I'm interested in owning a Taurus Judge, of all the handguns I could possibly get, is cause it's the closest real-world approximation to the Blade Runner pistol.

Gotta be prepared for that android uprising, right?

That's a good reasn to own a judge. Well that and they're fun to mess around with. My buddy has one and lets me play with it from time to time.

Mike

Reaction score
OP, If you want a gun thread you should be a little more civil and professional about it when starting the topic. Glorifying blood thirst and stupidity is probably not the best way to start good discussion.

Any way, yay guns. I've been getting in the habit of hitting the range every weekend or every other and I'm in the process of getting my wife on board as well. Idk about anyone else, but If I'm not practicing regularly, my accuracy seems to go downhill pretty fast lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.